Yup, the next two months are going to be effing crazy.
Remember a few weeks back when I said that “everything happens for a reason”? It’s true. I just had one of the busiest, most productive, and inspiring weekends of my life, and I’m really excited to share it with you. The next few months of my life are going to be probably busier than they’ve ever been, and I can’t wait to dive right in.
Let’s go over what’s happening in my life these days. Sorry for this post being kind of long – if you have to browse, read the first section “Rebel Fitness Guide” and the last section “Help Me Nerd Fitness Readers.” I REALLY need your feedback on this.
Rebel Fitness Guide
This past Tuesday, I received a phone call from my mentor/yoda/fitness guru Mike Rickett. He told me that he was going to be in town this weekend and asked if I wanted to get together Thursday night to workout and grab some dinner. Considering I would have been on a cruise had my vacation worked out and never got this phone call, I had a hunch that something great was going to come out of this meeting.
I was right.
After exercising with Mike, I shared a plan with him that I had been working on for months – a day-by-day fitness guide for Nerd Fitness readers. I told him that I get tons of emails from people looking for super-specific advice on how to get in shape – what exercises, how many sets and reps, what kind of warm-up and cool down. I explained that I had the passion and desire to help, I just didn’t feel comfortable creating workout routines for readers that would produce results because I didn’t have enough experience in training individuals.
I asked Mike if he was interested in creating some fitness routines for Nerd Fitness (backed by his 27 years of experience), which I could then nerdify and turn into a kick-ass guide.
His eyes lit up and said “hell yeah, let’s do this.”
Mike and I spent two hours yesterday at a local park filming and shooting myself doing all of the exercises that we’ll be using in the guide – no gym necessary. The only equipment I used was a set of dumbbells and some resistance bands, both of which I picked up at Walmart yesterday morning for CHEAP. I wanted to introduce you all to Mike so you know where the information is coming from. I trust him with my life, which is why I trust him to help you turn yours around. This video was shot on the back porch of Nerd Fitness HQ (my apartment) in Atlanta, GA:
As of right now, this is what we expect to have in the plan:
- Three or four 4-week, day-by-day, exercise-by-exercise guides, each increasing in difficulty.
- A few interviews in mp3 format between Mike and Steve discussing tips and tricks on how to best get in shape
- A full diet plan, including insight from Mike and Steve on methods that will get results if you stick with it.
- Videos, pictures, and description of every exercise used.
- Full 100% money back guarantee. If it doesn’t work for you, I will give you all of your money back.
- No gym required – just your surroundings and some exercise bands and/or dumbbells.
That’s where we’re at currently. After fifteen months of writing for this site daily, I felt like this weekend seemed like the right time to take it to the next level by creating a product for sale that will provide people with a great way to get in shape.
Don’t worry, if you have absolutely no desire in buying this product or can’t afford it now, nothing else is going to change. I’ll still be writing two articles a week, I’ll still be spending way too much time over on the Nerd Fitness Rebellion Headquarters, and I’ll still answer all of your emails (when I have time, sorry for the delays). Hell, I’m even going to try and do more videos so you can get to know me more. More pictures on the site too…get some personality up in this site.
This product is a long time in the making, it just took this weekend for it to finally come together. I’m really excited about it and I really think it can help quite a few people turn their lives around. Expect a lot more information and updates coming up in the near future.
So yeah, how BAD ASS is that new NF logo and color scheme?
I’ve probably spent a good seven hours (slight exaggeration) just staring at it because it’s so damn good looking. When I told my friend Joe to help me design an NF logo with the rebellion in it, I never expected it to look THIS good. Joe, you’re the freaking man, thanks.
Joe even redid the artwork for my Facebook Fan Page too. If you’re not a fan on there already, you definitely should be, because it would make me happy. I’m going to work on incorporating this artwork and color scheme more into the blog on a short term basis until I can get the site fully redesigned, which should start happening in the next few months.
I’ll also be working with Joe to design some t-shirts that will be heavily influenced by this artwork. Unfortunately, the shirt plan has taken longer than expected to get off the ground, but I think I’ve found a solution that will keep costs down and allow me to actually afford to get the process started.
28-Day Challenge Winners
Last month, we had our first ever 28-Day Challenge, and to say it was a success is an understatement. I finally got a chance to read over everybody’s threads and picked my two winners. Actually, I narrowed down to about four or five possible winners, after spending hours last night reading everybody’s stories and agonizing over the decision, and then had to pick two winners out of a hat because I just couldn’t decide. Congrats to “Brendaisbored” and “RobotRogue” for winning the 1st ever 28-day Challenge!
- Brenda managed to lose almost 8 pounds, most of which came in the last two weeks after switching her diet to be mostly Paleo. She also bought a bike for the first time ever, discovered her passion for riding, lost a few inches off her waist, and blew straight past her goals of exercising three times a week. Booyah.
- RobotRogue has lost 13 pounds since March 4th (hope you don’t mind, I stole your stats from DailyBurn!), can now do four pull ups, and nearly completed all of his goals by the end of the month despite starting 10 days later than every else. Freaking awesome.
Brenda and Robot, email me with your addresses and whenever I finally get around to making t-shirts (I swear they’re coming), I’ll be sending them to you.
The Next 28-Day Challenge
That’s right, people had so much fun with the first one that I had to do another one! There are already 20 people signed up for the next challenge on the Message Boards here, so join the party! There will be two more winners this month (who will get a NF t-shirt), but I have no idea how I’m going to pick them – if you guys have any ideas let me know…not that spending eight hours agonizing over message board posts isn’t the best use of my time, but I think we can do better. I’m open to any idea that doesn’t require me to do what I had to go through last night.
Here are my goals for the next 28-days:
- Gain another 5 pounds – It worked for me last month, let’s do it again – 5 pounds of muscle gain!
- Work out 3 days a week – gonna stick with my plan from last time, heavy strength and power training to pack on some muscle.
- Don’t fall apart! Honestly, the next two months of my life are going to be chaotic (and amazing). I’ll be launching a new event at work, going on two cruises for work, attending three weddings, redesigning this site, taking a month long online seminar starting next Monday, launching the Nerd Fitness t-shirt line, launching and running a fundraiser for the Warrior Dash (details coming soon), and creating, building, promoting, and selling the Rebel Fitness Guide. How I plan to fit sleeping, working out, and eating in there, I have no clue.
If you want to join in on the madness this month, head over to the Nerd Fitness Message Boards, and start a new thread with 2 or 3 things you hope to accomplish by May 3rd.
Help Me Nerd Fitness Readers, You’re My Only Hope.
Yeah, life is gonna get a little nuts until probably the end of June, and I’m fired up about it. As you can see I’ll be quite busy, so if my email responses take longer than normal, please bear with me. I do want your help though, specifically pertaining to the Rebel Fitness Guide:
- What isn’t in this guide that you would like to see? 4 months worth of workouts, a full diet plan, videos of every exercise that you’ll be doing, and a 100% money back guarantee. What else do you want in there?
- How much do you think we should charge for it? I have a rough estimate in my head, but I want to see what it would be worth to you considering how much is going in it.
- What should we call it? Right now I’m going with Rebel Fitness Guide, but I’m not attached to it. If you have any other suggestions, let me know!
PLEASE leave a comment and let me know your thoughts on the guide and how we can make it the best effing thing you’ve ever bought.
For the Rebellion,
If you want to stay up to date on all rebellion news, please sign up for the RSS Feed of Nerd Fitness, get NF posts via email, or join the kick-ass conversation over on the Nerd Fitness Message Boards!