1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 940
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• Doing cardio will be worth it. Would it help to put together a sound track and frame it as going dancing?    Could you do a fast walk at lunchtime so that you can look forward to other things after work?
    • My favorite way to cook chicken breasts in the oven without drying out: https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-the-best-chicken-breasts-in-the-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211453
    • The original Mistborn trilogy is my favorite of his series. I've found the second series much harder to get through because the tone is drastically different, but it's been a worthwhile read.     I know! I want one now...  
    • I'm struggling a bit with scheduling that allows time for the cardio. Most of the time, I have Monday and/or Tuesday evenings open. Most times of the year, Wednesdays would be fine as well, but not so much in Lent unless I go to the gym late. Every other Thursday, I have SAR training, but a lot of things seem to get scheduled on the off weeks as well. Fridays are often open, but again, not so much in Lent. And I'm not sure that planning workouts for Friday evenings is the best idea given that Saturdays are my main day that I can do bigger adventures.   Given the issues with Thursdays, my schedule should probably be Monday and Wednesday. Which means that Wednesdays are going to be long and I probably need to pack extra snacks because dinner is going to be late. Ugh. This week, though, the plan is to go tomorrow (Friday). I'm tired just thinking about it. Please tell me it will be worth it.
    • No spring cleaning yesterday, but I did do zen and aikido.   I think all the practice is starting to pay off.  There were two guest instructors covering class last night. They showed a different way to start a series of movements. I am very familiar with the concept, but the specifics were new to me. I was able to get the movement to work about 20% of the time.  That is huge. Less than 10% is normal with a familiar movement. I have been working on keeping my alignment and connecting with my partners. Apparently that is helping. Part of me is jumping up and down for joy, while another part is going "finally!".   Zen is getting easier. It will probably never be easy, but my body is complaining less. I am reading the Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali. It dovetails nicely with instruction I have gotten from my zen teacher. As I understand it, the process is to first get the body to sit still. That puts you in a better position to notice what is going on with your brain. As you work on your meditation method, your brain will calm down and you can notice how it works. You can observe thoughts, sensations, memories and emotions as they arise. As you continue to practice, you mind gets more clear. I am sure there are a lot of fine points I am missing, but the basic outline is encouraging.   I have this evening open since I did my zen at lunchtime. My plan is to get my tax info to our accountant, then do some experimenting with my drum carder. The bag of alpaca I want to use has been sitting open on the porch for several days. Hopefully it no longer smells of mothballs. I am going to try a couple different blends with silk or silk and wool. I usually just spin the yarn I want. This time I don't have a plan for the yarn, so I'm going to do sampling. 
    • *staggers in* Made it through the week! Well, it was a short week. But still!   Today, had committee meeting, then girded up all my patience and had a patience-testing meeting. Got through it 😅 then met work friend for an uproarious lunch, then over to the gym — which was remarkably not crazy crowded, despite being well into the afternoon! I think the students must be departing early for the four day weekend. PR’d my overhead press and kind of PR’d my bench, I think? Well, it was the highest weight I’ve ever done, but stalled at 3 reps per set when I usually do 5. So I don’t know if that counts or not… but I have been stuck at the previous weight for ages and excited to make some headway!   Then back to the office, and my building was bananas level empty by 2:30 pm. Stats (whee!) then walked home with hubby, and even remembered to stop by the neighbourhood grocer’s as they’ll be closed tomorrow. Now just exhausted. Very soon I will find the strength to get off the couch and change out of my dog hairy clothes so we can head out to dinner. But for now, just a few minutes more with my feet up!
    • Ooh, thinking of you! Hope it’s the good kind of update? But  we will be here regardless! Happy Easter weekend!
    • You’re a beautiful soul making beautiful art. Thanks for existing. 
    • I’d be shy too! I have magnetic catches but they’re unsuitable once the bead is larger than 4mm. I have quite a few toggle and wire options that work for a fatter 8mm bead. To my mind, 8mm is the smoothest bead for counting while you meditate. 10mm moves great too, but they’re less common. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines