1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 2.1k
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• 2024 - Year of Progression Word of the Year: Consistency  Sleep: 12 Hrs Water: 2/4   Meals:  10:30am - Coffee, cereal, 1/2 banana 11:30am - Coffee 2:30pm - Diet Soda, Salmón burger, chips 3:30pm - Pre-workout 6:00pm - Protein Shake, pizza  8:30pm - Cereal   Fitness: Lift Day   Language: 1 Portuguese Lesson 1 Spanish Lesson 0 Japanese Lesson   Reading: 0 min   Meditation: 5 Min   Notes: Lift Day done.   Training Notes: 2 Positives -  - only lost 1 rep on most sets  - Rows stayed where they were 1 Negative -  - shoulder is hurting and limited in movement
    • It was a good day.  Bible before screens yes dressed before workout yes No screen between 1 and 5   Did my workout. Did a walking video and a walk after dinner. Within my range for calories
    • Definitely.  I hope you feel better now.
    • She is a magnificent writer. I'm developing a level of fascination with her Saint of Steel series that hasn't really happened to me since the first time I read Terry Pratchett...   What Moves the Dead is actually one I have not read yet.... I did just finish reading Nettle and Bone though, and it was quite thought provoking.  
    • Well, our job during this unexpected visit is to support you. Attacking Dave doesn't accomplish that.     And google tells me the ones I liked so much are the Surtr dice. Hmmmmm.......     You definitely are not. (Disclaimer that to me it depends a lot on why the guest is visiting, how long they are staying, and whether we had a chance to plan for their visit or not. In your situation, contributing to food is still cheaper than staying in an Airbnb or a hotel, so they should hand over some funds to you. )     In theory you can pay your stewards and administrators with the valuables and treasures you find while adventuring..... right? 😇   Crossing fingers and hoping for the houseguest leaving early!
    • The backstabbing is indeed very satisfying. And fun.  
    • Yeah, I call bullshit on that. I can see letting it from from the over-90F outdoor temperature to room temperature before opening it, for reasons I already mentioned, but that's not going to reverse any damage, only confirm it.  Perfumes are not port wine, and I can't think of any good reason for why they should be treated as if they are.       All perfumes react somehow with the skin they're applied to. The surface pH-level, whatever was applied to the skin before hand (in my case, sunscreen or body lotion), if the skin begins to sweat during the day, etc. That's why real perfume counters advise you to wear that sample they put on your write for a couple of hours at least, before making your purchasing decision. And why a perfume might end up smelling different on me than it does on you, as Everstorm already pointed out. For example, the choco-musk smells overwhelmingly of vanilla and sugar on my skin, and very little else.   I'd be more inclined to blame this than to blame a fraudulent bottle, by the way. It's not exactly Chanel profit margins here.
    • Thanks for the download @ViperN7, I'll look for game 1! And sad day on the limited Chinese content, I wonder if the userbase for English->Chinese are suburban American mom's looking to enrich their kids out of school opportunities? That'd explain the limited content if the course is primarily used by grade-schoolers.
    • Definitely do not start with Reverie!  It may help to think if it like a book series.  Here's a more itemized write-up: (Spoiler tag because it's long)    The best place to start is the beginning, Trails in the Sky, unless the older graphics are problematic for you, in which case Cold Steel can be a fine place to start (It's actually where I started just due to circumstance. I did have someone to explain important points from Sky to me though.) However, after Cold Steel II the prior games become very important so you'd have to backtrack. By that point, you won't care about the older graphics because you'll be in love with the world, the story, and the characters.      I thought I better check my facts before I elaborated, and I did find a pleasant surprise.  The Learning Chinese From English course is limited  in content compared to the more popular courses. The learning tree/path currently has 3 content sections before a  review section at the end. For comparision, the Learning English From Chinese course has 8 content sections.  Additionally, the learning Chinese course does not have Stories. As far as I can tell, it does not have Chinese-only reading comprehension questions (just translations).  However, (about a year ago? Idk, time is fluid) they added a "learn to read pinyin" tab. And I just found out that in Dec 2023 they did add a hanzi practice tab, including handwriting (with the magic of touch screens)! As far as I can tell, that's just to drill characters on the side; it's not incorporated into the learning path.  However, I set my phone to a Chinese handwriting keyboard and hand-write in the sentences that you're supposed to "type".  I don't know what textbook you used or how intensive your Chinese classes were, but I think that with two semesters of experience, you'd find a lot of vocabulary that would be new to you. For comparison, I took 8 Chinese classes in college. I knew the majority of the Duolingo content, but there was vocab that was new to me, particularly in the business and net slang units which just weren't topics in my textbooks. There were other words that were new to me scattered throughout.    I was sadly mistaken about Duolingo's Italian course: I assumed it would go further because it's a more popular course, but it looks like Learn Italian from English only has 3 content sections at this time, and they are all labeled A1.    It turns out there are many styles of meditation benches to be found on the internet, but the kind I'm familiar with looks like this:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/1513723051/meditation-bench-is-a-seat-for?click_key=6d4253b99c3a96661132c41e97338dbc59c84f78%3A1513723051&click_sum=d1d3c59d&external=1&ref=pla_similar_listing_top-1&sca=1 It's a little slanted bench and you basically kneel in seiza so that you're actually sitting on the bench, not on your own ankles. I can make no promises about how that would work out for your hips and knees, but I liked it more than the cushion.      I got so excited writing about Chinese and Trails that what was supposed to be a lifting break between sets has become more than an hour. Now, back to strength training! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines