1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 788
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• Sounds like delightful pizza's all around. Has GBBO ever done a pizza challenge?   Edit: Yes. Below is my favorite contestant and his interesting pizza    
    • Wednesday May 8th [Halloween, by The Sylver Lining]   Time Traveling Habits Dead Tree Time ✅🔲 Creative Time ✅✅🔲 Trad Time 🔲 Bed Time ✅✅✅🔲 HIIT Time ✅✅✅🔲 Early Bird Time ✅✅✅     [The Miracles of St Romain, Église Saint-Godard, given 1540, photo credit: Professor Moriarty]   Life Updates Wading through the v uneven world tour in Gargoyles right now. This is part 2 of season 2, and the writing is bizarre and the pacing is bad, but I'm still enjoying myself. I'd incorrectly thought that this was the part of the show that the creator disavowed, but it's wacky and bad while still getting the cannon stamp of approval from Greg Weisman. 🤷‍♂️ Packing. All of life is now packing. No complaints, but also no exciting updates. Literally RSVD'd no on attending an orgy so I could stay home tonight and pack. #adulting Interesting to watch me have a mini tantrum yesterday as we packed through snarls of mess and disorganization in the basement that we'd been living with for 5 years. A mix of working through patterns of self-abnegation that made me okay living in mess, changing capacities with disabled family members, and my own insecurity around still being valued if my loved ones didn't require my full time care. Therapy continues to be a waste of time, no one should bother with it. 😉 Poking around the hagiography of St Romain / Romanus of Rouen. Looks like the Normandy Saint was ground zero for French mythology around Gargoyles and carved grotesques in ecclesiastical art. Interesting repeating motif of river dragons and seasonal flooding attached to the creatures; compare with the Russian river myths of Veles and the dragon, the Polish myths of the Wawel Dragon, and the unnamed Celtic dragons associated with the Thames. Just a fun confluence in mythology. [Goliath/Elisa, by The Sylver Lining]
    • Starting weight 261.4 W1 3/25: 261.2 (-0.2) W2 4/1: 258.0 (-3.2) W3 4/8: 256.4 (-1.6) W4 4/15: 255.6 (-0.8) W5 4/22: 255.0 (-0.6) W6 4/29: 253.4 (-1.6) W7 5/7: 253.5 (+1.3)   Had to weigh in Tuesday since I was on the road Monday.  Smashed my goals first half of the week but had little scale progress.  Then had the busy travel weekend with most food being road or convenience food.  I've already lost some of the bloat by this morning's weigh in so I'm not at all concerned.   Hoping to make up with it on next week's weigh in but of course, like every week, there will be some obstacles.   Tonight is a game so we'll be eating concession food, graduation dinner on Saturday, and then since Sunday is mother's Day we are going to a local hippie/craft fair and there will be fresh apple cider donuts (the best!) and food trucks.  Actually, Monday's weigh in is not expected to be that good.  Maybe I'll make up for it the week after.  😛  
    • What a rough weekend.  I had to drive up to pick up Peach and help move all her stuff back home.  It was unexpected in the first place because she was only going to be home for the summer so was going to leave a lot of stuff there.  The good news though is that she's decided to stay in town here and switch schools!  On my 9 hour drive up on Saturday she called and said she was sick and wasn't able to keep any food down.  She ended up being sick the entire weekend and had a miserable drive home.  She wasn't able to finish packing or load anything into the cars.  Her dorm is on the 3rd floor, no elevator so needless to say I got A LOT of steps in.  My food log app gave me 900 exercise calories!!   I didn't use any of them that day but used up most of what was allotted.  I set my calorie limit a little high for the days I was traveling and went over on the day I drove up.   Glad all that is over and my baby is back home.     Overall for the week I hit most of the goals.  There are a couple of red marks that I am not worried about.  Freggies are always difficult on the road.      
    • I started using the rowing machine in the gym last year. Look for videos on proper rowing technique. It takes some practice to get that smooth efficient motion.   I found it very helpful to do the isolation exercises first, and I still do them to warm up. That means sitting with your legs and arms extended and just moving your torso forwards and back. Then with your torso back, just move your arms. Then move the torso and the arms (torso moves first). Then do the legs all by themselves. After that do the legs and the torso. Finally, legs, torso and arms. I found I tend to get grabby and my arms want to move before it is the right time.   Don't worry about cadence or speed for awhile. The coach who made the video I liked best said that it takes a month of practicing form to get that solid, then you can add speed and more resistance.
    • This is fascinating, thank you so much for sharing!!  
    • Thank you both! Some spell slots were indeed recharged. The con wasn't perfect, but it was generally great rest and relaxation. (I might elaborate on the "bad" part in my new thread some more later, but I do want to mention that it was very much a me thing and not anything the organizers or anyone else did badly.)   See you all in the next/current challenge thread!
    • The loss of 3 to 5 lbs is a good and reasonable goal. You got this! And I feel you re. the recharging of social batteries 😅    Hooray for your husband's luck doing a complete 180°! I remember how much lighter I felt when I finally paid off my student loans, so that + a fulltime job should do wonders in pretty much every way.   P.S.: Plz post some garden pictures after the work is done 😆
    • I think I drink maybe 7 pints of liquid (tea, coffee, water) a day, but also apparently hypothyroidism (which I have) can make you dehydrated easier
    • Baking GF bread is notoriously hard. There are some kits from Bob's Red Mill, but I have not tried them. Fathead dough is an easy-to-make and tasty substitute for crackers and tortilla wraps. It is not too expensive if you can get shredded mozzarella in bulk.   I agree that GF bread is expensive. So is good wheat bread. I paid the same for a large loaf of good bread from a local deli as for a (much smaller) loaf of GF bread from the grocery store.     Yeah, I hear you on wanting treats. They could be extra things to buy or things to eat. I get this a lot when I feel stressed. It would be great if the treat could be something like a bubble bath instead, but that is often not realistic.     I packed some meals and stuck them in the freezer when I was batch cooking a few months ago. They are really handy for those times when you don't want to cook.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines