1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 2.3k
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• Wow! It sounds super busy,  and I am glad you are finding some positives in all the busy.  Great job too on the PR!
    • I'm curious if you have any insights on the difference. It's not something I've put any time into thinking or learning about. I know BJJ was an outgrowth of, I guess, JJJ but I assume some things were emphasized and de-emphasized in translation. 
    • Well this battle log certainly hasn't been daily. I'll have to work on that I've been a little busy with life. I had a visit from my parents last weekend with just blows up my whole week as I then spend my week trying to catch back up to my usual prep work from the weekend.    I have failed so far to get Notion running how I would like. That's primarily because I've had 0 spare bandwidth for it. For the moment I settled for an index card. It's currently got 6 items on it with one of them crossed off. It doesn't do most of what I want from my fantasy version of a to-do list but it's good enough to make sure a handful of things don't fall off my radar. So I'll limp along on that for a while.  I'll update when I have more.   A couple loose updates: I finally got a date for the gym schedule change. April 29th we're starting the 6:30 class. The plan was (foreshadowing) that I would back up the instructor for that class. If he was sick or life happened, I'd unlock the gym and sub for him. He backed out the day before the new schedule was announced. Knowing him, it almost feels inevitable. This put the gym owner in a tizzy as he had already had a bunch of students commit to the class time so he didn't want to cancel. He's not a mornings guy and does not want to be at the gym that early so he's not going to do it.  So The Professor approached me. I told him I don't specifically want to teach at this time but I'm willing to teach. So, I'm being added to the instructor pool. He promises he's going to rotate other instructors through and I'll only have to cover here and there. He and I are both hopeful that some other instructor will fall in love with that time slot but I think we both feel like, it may fall to me long term, eventually.  Regardless, whole new schedule starts in a week and a half-ish. It will look something like this: 5:30 Wake up (same time as current) 5:30 - 6:30 Shower, dress, get to the gym (BJJ on Tuesday and Thursday, rec on MWF) 6:30 - 7:30 Train 7:30 - 8:00 Bonus Training (I'm planning to keep the gym open and stay on the mats for a half an hour after class ends) 8:00 - 9:00 get home, shower, make a quick breakfast (I may also take a Skratch supplement to the gym so I can delay my first prepared meal) 9:00 - 10:00 work: meetings (current schedule) 10:00 - 12:00 work 12:00 - 1:00 make lunch, try to get a walk in or some bonus movement 1:00 - 3:30 work 3:30 - 4:00 snack 4:00 - 5:00 work 5:00 - 6:00 guitar & french (same as current schedule) 6:00 - 8:00 dinner prep, dinner, hang out with Laura (times are really fuzzy at this point but just kind of laying out a template 8:00 - 9:00 light house chores 9:00 - 10:00 Bed, read, unwind 10:00 if I made it this far without falling asleep, lights out   So, I'm basically taking my training block at the end of the day and pushing it to first thing. They also moved Marathon Roll later and to Mondays, which I'm not a fan of, at all. I will try to do a few but I'm open to the idea that I may have to drop this from my schedule.  I will plan on still attending Friday's midday class. This will shorted my Friday work day a bit but people can get over it. It's my chance to get in some no-gi and get in a weekly battle with Stan.    Jumping topics I was concerned this week when my body weight seemed to be holding slightly higher than I want, I was weighing in at 196. I decided to remove some calories and push it back down. It almost immediately dropped below 195, to 193 this morning. So I think it was just water weight from my parents visiting. I'm going out for dinner with a friend tonight so I'm going to leave them alone but if I slide into Monday without a weigh in about 195, I'll go back up. to 2300.    Obviously other stuff has gone on since my last update but nothing I'm going to worry about at the moment. I'll work on my consistency with logging but this is all for now. 
    • I am sorry Sal.  Sending a big hug and love this morning.  I hope you can find some peace.  Maybe a quick walk with Bronze…or even just pets and some play time?  Dogs are really good at helping us combat stress/anxiety.
    • Hey all. I feel really churned up this morning   Anxious, so anxious.    I am on the verge of tears tbh. My heart is beating hard and my head hurts x
    • Considering it's just a music video, I wasn't expecting Marvel-levels of de-aging. Michael Douglas in Ant-Man and Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel are still the best examples of de-aging done near-flawlessly, imo. I agree that the song would work just as well with his current voice throughout. The video wouldn't, though, as that would only increase the uncanny valley effect. 😅         I need to take back my evenings, and that means toning down all the chess. I have quit all but two of the teams I was on at chess.com, I haven't joined any new matches in a while, and I'm dialing down the amount of vote chess matches I play - since one of the teams I'm on is starting far too many of them. I *love* vote chess, because it provides excellent learning opportunities, but too much is too much. I've quit all the matches I was on that had a 24-hour voting period (which halved all the vote chess matches I was in), and I'm no longer joining any with less than 3 days of voting. I'm hoping this will go a long way to get my match count back down to more manageable levels.   I also urgently need to start moving again. I may have joked about it earlier, but I have now actually put an alarm in my phone with Electric Callboy's "Pump It" as the ringtone. Hopefully that gets me doing mini-workouts again.       Yesterday I was listening to some of the bands that'll be on Alcatraz. The kids are starting to pick up which bands will be to my liking, and which won't. And I got a remark: "are you going to *all* the bands that use bagpipes or an accordion?". Yes, I probably am. 😎 That'll be Korpiklaani, Finntroll and Feuerschwanz (at the least - there may be others I don't know yet, I've just started my prep work - although those three don't really need prep work). But because they've heard me play Alestorm's "Drink" often - Alestorm were at Alcatraz last year - and because I had listened to Korpiklaani yesterday, I also got a "are those bands only making songs about drinking???". Yes, pretty much. 🤣 But it's FUN!!! 🤘   So here's one about vodka. The band is Finnish and their English is questionable, but man, how this is a party song!!!   Korpiklaani - Vodka
    • Oh I wish!   Nice work on the spring cleaning, even washing the curtains! Impressive. I don't even own curtains lol. (Except for a blackout one)
    • Wednesday, 17 April  Charisma: It was a general strike day (I can't go on strike because I'm technically a freelance worker) so pretty slow. People wanted to leave early and I was invited to after work drinks, so point for socializing. Had an online D&d session later in the evening, which meant takeout for dinner, so no cooking points and no extra charisma point since that wasn't in person. Also no workout because of that. Which is probably for the best, because I woke up pretty sore this morning.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines