1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 959
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• Thursday, 28 March  Charisma: I got a call earlier in the day from the place I'd interviewed at, saying they wanted me to start Monday if I'm available. Told them I'll let them know, because I had another interview with another potential employer lined up for later in the day. Either way, it was good to know I already have an option nailed down and won't be ending this stint unemployed. I did the other interview and let the interviewer know I'd be needing a prompt response on whether they're interested, so I could make up my mind. His response literally was "well I didn't wanna pressure you to answer me on the spot, but I'm already good with what I'm seeing, I'd like to have you here if you're ok with it". So essentially I did well in this one two and now both employers want me, it's down to me to pick. As bad as the job market is, feels good to get such positive responses and actually have options.  Cooking: Made chicken schnitzel with fries for lunch. Breakfast was skipped and I got Domino's for my celebration dinner, so just a single point here.  Media Production: All things related to album of the day, done. Listened to a bunch of stuff from my backlog too, which I'm glad for.   Video Gaming: I've been dodging Homefront ever since I got it for free without realizing what it's about. I'm not gonna get political here, but suffice to say I can only take it as either parody or a Fox News enthusiast's fever dream. After an hour or two with it, I got to a point where I could no longer tolerate its clunkiness and decided to just let it be. Out of sheer curiosity though, I did check out a video from when it was made/promoted; of course it's inspired by Red Dawn and whaddya know, the people actually played this straight. On the bright side, I was kinda seeing this ultra-patriotic FPS experience as a setup for playing Spec Ops:The Line down the road (yes, I'm aware of its twists and some spoilers) and ironically enough, Homefront also included a white phosphorus scene too. Anyway, moving on, I put Stick It To The Man on, which was pretty fun, a welcome change of pace. Took me a little less than 4 hours to fully complete, but on the downside, all this screen time gave me a headache right before my interview (which I still aced, mind you) and sent me to a rather early bedtime after dinner.
    • Thursday    Salad 6 meals a week✔️                5/6 Salad with lunch Brush and floss✔️ Foot lotion ✔️ Water ✔️ Journal ✔️ Meds, work, tangy tangerine, Spanish 
    • It was. I recorded it in my fitness notebook so I can repeat it next week   HP (physical health) I was supposed to go to the gym this evening, but the very lovely person who gave me an incredible deep tissue massage said lifting with muscles that just had one of those, is not recommended. The deep tissue massage is a form of stress for the muscles and they prefer at least a day of aggressively hydrated recovery before being asked to lift at a gym. So I made a deal with H. that we will go tomorrow evening instead. And I'm posting that here for accountability.   Stamina (emotional energy) I didn't realize how much of this goal would be "I colored random pictures"   But I also edited some .abc files for my  LOTRO musician, so that's some variety at least.
    • Yes, it is. But it's not here at NF with us, and we are going to keep it that way. (That said, if you need to vent to an outside third party who won't judge, feel free to send me a PM. And if not, that's fine too. Again, no judgement.)   I've been meaning to thank you for posting these comedians slayers, by the way. Comedy is one of those very personal things - a comedian, or a comedy, is funny if they have the same sense  of humor as I do. The thing with humor is that it's almost entirely dependent on cultural context (this is why Chaplin movies aren't funny anymore), and as someone who grew up outside the US, I'm missing a lot of the context a lot of the stand-up comedy here relies on to be funny. But when women comedians make jokes about all the struggles around being women, that appears to transcend cultural differences somehow. I look forward to see who else you'll post videos of and hope for specific ones to show up. I won't mention their names because I don't want to influence your process. I'll just cross my fingers and hope to see them here (you got three of them already ).    
    • No run today, as we are shifting our long run to tomorrow cause it's my wife birthday and she wants to run. Seemed fair to me.   No written progress on my module, though I've got a few ideas rolling around for foes as there are lots of bots/Mecha types to be sorted as well as carnivorous plants!!!!   Quotes that struck me   The myriad rocks stretched on and slightly jagged the horizon, and all day there came no glimpse of the pale-blue mountains. That evening from his dwindling provision of wood Alveric made another fire; its little flame going up alone in that waste seemed somehow to reveal the monstrous loneliness. He sat by his fire and thought of Lirazel and would not give up hope, though a glance at those rocks might have warned him not to hope, for something in their chaotic look partook of the plain that bred them, and they hinted it to be infinite. ... And how the horns of Elfland blew over the barrier of twilight, to be heard by any ear in the fields we know, I cannot understand; yet Tennyson speaks of them as heard "faintly blowing" even in these fields of ours, and I believe that by accepting all that the poets say while duly inspired our errors will be fewest. So, though Science may deny or confirm it, Tennyson's line shall guide me here.    
    • Congratulations on everything in the spoiler. Especially a doctor who listens and empathizes. That is rare, and you should guard this treasure carefully and get as much out of it as you possibly can.    
    • I don't think that ever goes away. Fitness and nutrition are fields that will always have new things for us, no matter how many year we've spent on them. And that's a good thing.       To quote the great and wise Tanktimus, the easiest way to cook chicken breasts without drying them out, is to cook chicken thighs instead  
    • 2024 - Year of Progression Word of the Year: Consistency  Sleep: 10 Hrs Water: 2/4 Weight: 239.8lbs   Meals:  8:00am - coffee 10:00am - Cereal, coffee 1:30pm - Burrito, Diet soda 3:00pm - Pop Tart, Coffee 6:00pm - Pork, bread, edamame    Fitness: Rest Day   Language: 1 Portuguese Lesson 1 Spanish Lesson 1 Japanese Lesson   Reading: 5 min   Meditation: 5 Min   Notes: Made it to a recovery meeting today but no walking. Need to get back on that tomorrow
    • +1 for the AoS reference!     I have another trip planned for 9 days in April. After that I will have a month off of work travel, but some vacation time planned out. I expect a few more bursts of 7-14 days at a time throughout the year. Probably not as much during the second half of the year. I really need to find a better rhythm when traveling for sure. I'm usually with a group that works long days and then everyone goes out to a big dinner and drinks. I love the social/team building aspect, but it is at the sake of my health goals, so I may just have to be "that guy" and go to the hotel gym instead of dinner     Thanks!!!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines