1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 982
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• As always it's great to have you here.  thanks for your support.  💜   It is so tricky!   
    • 3/28 I ate   Instant Oatmeal 2 hb eggs instant ramen veggies 2 pulled pork tacos - no dairy 1 small cookie that my son made green beans an apple   In the morning I did some light bench presses   In the evening I walked for about 30 min.   So far things are going well I think.  I forgot to weigh in again, but I had a lot on my mind this morning, and I'm out of the habit of doing it.  I'll try again tomorrow.    
    • Cant garantee it will work, but i would suggest getting a small sketchbook and pencil and just carrying them around with you. Then when you stop or have a cuppa or whatever, you can pull them out instead of the phone.  less screen surfing, more sketching time.  hypothetically a win win
    • W1D5:  one large DDP with my morning fiber bombs.  As of today I'm switching to Dr Pepper Zero Sugar (DPZ) instead of the diet version since it tastes better while still having zero calories.  As long as my system tolerates it I'll stick with the DPZ through the rest of my cut.  Lunch was the pot-roast meal prep.  When I got home from work I snacked on a bit of cheddar cheese.  For dinner I peeled and cubed a couple pounds of yellow potatoes and popped them in the steamer, then I made a quick GF gravy with some leftover turkey stock from the freezer while they were cooking.  I stirred leftover rotisserie chicken breast chunks into the gravy and set it aside while I sauteed a pan of fresh green beans with some butter, olive oil, and garlic.  It all made for a nice, quick weeknight dinner since MFG was stuck with Brick at his PT appointment.  1682 kcal.   No Move goal, and since I finally had an evening with no obligations I just took it easy at home.   Scale this morning was down another 0.4, so I have just 1/2 lb remaining from last week's embiggening.  DOMS hasn't fully let up yet--this go 'round is being uncharacteristically persistent--but it's eased enough that I should be able to knock out another strength session after work today.  I'm looking forward to a nice weekend even thought it's going to be insanely busy.
    • Slept poorly. have dreadful cramps so Not feeling 100% today. Just going to take it very slow.  Messed up my calories yesterday as I'm craving sugar really badly. Right now if i could eat 1400kcal of chocolate i probubly would…Not that it would actually be that much chocolate.  Hormone cycles suck.  almost at the end of book 5 in the knight series by a.j.sherwood. One more and hen i’ll be into the new book series.    keep meaning to write about this and forgetting. Since ive been buying second hand romance novels i noticed there seems to be a tradition of making shorthand reviews on the first page. I have 3 books with them in now. This is the newest and most extensive. Its written in at least 2 different peoples hand writing.  from what i can gather the shorthand reads thus: pas = passionate mp good = male protagonist good gt = no idea about this one, any ideas? theres clearly a particular way to write them though, as the other ones i have are also written in the same condensed wording.  its fun that this is clearly a thing many people do though. Possibly it was the only way to get a review on such books before the internet and places like good reads. Always fun to find them though.   
    • Any chance of doing a morning workout while you travel? It sounds like you travel for work MUCH more often than I do, but for me, getting my workout done before all the social expectations kick in helps quite a bit. And also means that after I've exhausted myself by pretending to be an extrovert all day/evening, I can put on my jammies and try to recharge without having to then muster up the energy to hit the gym at the end.
    • Lift. 2x week. It didn't work last time, let's try it again, eh? Monday & Saturday mornings. It doesn't even have to be the program, FFS. Just move something heavy-ish up and down a few times. Walk. 2x week. Before work, when possible to avoid the heat. Alcohol. None on weeknights. Snacks. Think about when/why. This is often due to boredom. Fix the boredom with something other than food.   -----   Yesterday was not a lifting day No walk accomplished. No alcohol consumed I had some EXTREME battles with snack-age yesterday. It was absolutely because I was bored. I REALLY wanted to be doing ANYTHING else but had to work instead. Snacking was a way to 'validly' put off working, so ... bah. I had some carrots, at least. And evening TV snack was a handful of chocolate chips. Things could've been worse.   Yesterday morning at around 4a my brain decided it was done sleeping. Around 5.30 I gave up and got out of bed. This made for a very long day and I was quite tired by the end of it, despite an extra cup of coffee to bolster me along.   After work, I was able to start the laundry, hit the grocery store, and then do some sewing. Got a couple small things sorted out for the store then worked on the current project. It's basically a re-do/better fabric version of the thing I just made, so it's not terribly exciting. I'm hoping it'll go quickly and then I can move onto all the more-fun stuff I have percolating in the back of my brain.   Today I'd like to get a walk in, as the rain seems to have moved on. Also finish up laundry and get going on the sewing project.
    • Here for gymming and all the things.   Happy that you're back, Hatter.
    • Maybe it's spring. Maybe it's hanging out with old people and not wanting to be like them. Or maybe it's the 18 month work break and finally recovering. But I feel like it might just be ready to challenge again! 🤯     My first keystone goal is to care of my sanity. I'm staying with my grandma who has Alzheimer's and it gets tiring. Her mood swings make me tense and her behaviors make me sad. Acknowledge this instead of hiding away in easy entertainment and then 4 days later wonder why I'm incapacitated after doing nothing.   For this movement is key. I'm currently doing floor flow training and while some of it is technical, a lot of it touches on how to change state to easier get into flow. It's super interesting and the techniques and movements have been really helpful in connecting with how I feel and what I need, especially when combined with music. I've tried journaling and mindfulness and meditation in the past but it's never done anything for me, so discovering this is pretty cool.   This ties in with my second goal, which is to do the homework as I'm terribly behind. Some of it I've done but haven't submitted because it requires minor video editing that I've been procrastinating. And some I've been procrastinating because it requires me to apply more... process for lack of a better word and it feels weird.   One thing that's come up multiple times in the course Q&A sessions is what to do when things don't feel good. It can be physical niggles, or uncomfortable emotions coming up, or fatigue that's surfacing. And the answer's always a variation of approaching the resistance with curiosity and focus on feeling what is really happening in the body, rather than judgement or instantly trying to fix it or suppress it. I feel there's a life lesson here. And it's one I want to try and apply to art, where I have huge amounts of resistance to getting started but once I'm in it I'm happy.     Goal 1a  - Go to the gym every morning.* I was never a gym person, but in my current situation it's become a welcome escape, so I want to try going near daily, as an experiment.   At the gym do a check in and decide what my body needs. More flow, more oomph (lifting), more play (handstands, using the gym equipment "wrong"...).   *Unless I have other plans, go play outside, the weather's really bad or I really, really don't wanna.    Goal 1b - Learn to love the lifting. Do the thing FFS as @sylph so eloquently put it.   Goal 2 - Do all the things! Yes this is my goal, shut up. 😛    Floor training homework Website for mum Dissect mouse before someone finds it in the freezer Secret art related project Try out the local pole studios Finish leather bag Read a book Get a haircut my shaved part has grown so long it's starting to curl and it looks ridiculous Taxes Other money things   Goal 3 - Finish BG3 (taking a note from @WhiteGhost here, and accepting that it will suck up my time until I'm done)   Goal 4 - Let myself get as invested in art as in video games. I really want a more or less daily creative practice.    Goal 5 - Show up here!!   To help with this I'm going to try something of a routine. A baby step, experimental one as my track record with routines is... not great. Use my movement tools to face the Resistance.   Am coffee, NF and deciding what on my to-do list I'd like to do today. Perhaps prep it so it's ready to go in the afternoon. Go to gym. Set an alarm to leave before 10-11 (?) in case I get distracted by stuff. Set another alarm for 13-14 (?) in case I still haven't started doing *a* thing. Have a bit of quiet floor time just after my grandma's gone to bed to shake off the day. Art will probably go under *a* thing, or maybe I'll add a separate block or... we'll figure it out.   I won't start this "routine" yet, now it's easter and everything's closed, and then my mum will come to visit. But I'm going to do my best this challenge. (Uggh that felt awfully committing to write)   Now to the gym before it closes!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines