1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 454
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• I have got a bit lax a this. I will have to remember to do it again.   Im currently 238lb. Maths says 1450 should be vaguelye a 500kal deficit. 
    • Sorry I've taken so long to reply to this - I've been thinking about the response quite a lot but it's not been a great week or so to actually log onto the forums.   Anyway, the hip issue is something I've had since I was a teenager - I hit puberty, my hips grew, and I had IT band issues. (It's much more common in teenage girls. but apparently my body didn't see my sex as a reason not to give me child-bearing hips.) The issue then went away for several years, and it was only when I started exercising in my mid-20s that I realised that the problem hadn't actually gone away, I'd just stopped doing any exercise. The hip thing is definitely exercise-induced, and only happens when I do certain exercises (running and squats really) without my glutes being properly engaged.      I'm not generally a fan of using negative words, like lazy, to describe things my body does. I would generally say that it's not a very helpful thing to do, so I appreciate you calling me out on it.   With that said, the muscle isn't activating, and as a result other, smaller muscles are having to do the work of the glute in addition to their own work. So it's definitely not more efficient, it's less work for the glute itself but the body as a whole is working harder trying to do big jobs with small muscles. You are of course right that it's not the muscle at fault, but rather my ability to activate it, and knowing that it's activation that's the problem made it fairly easy to solve over time. In a similar way I'm now trying to learn to activate my pecs on bench press, rather than doing the entire lift with my traps  
    • Day -2:   Travel day, so no taekwondo. ❌ Conditioning: 3-mile walk ✔️ Recovery: Good rest, up in time for the walk. ✔️ Nutrition: Actually pretty good even with travel. Hydration was negative with all the car time and not enough water later. ❌   Good luck on the official start!
    • Better late than never! Lol I love revisiting my random art supply hoard. So much fun. 
    • Very interesting work you're doing, and difficult, too. I'm also trying to wait for hunger, but I noticed there are three stages. First I start wanting or being interested in food before I have any hunger sensations. Then I have light hunger. Then later, more hunger with nasty urgency, which causes me to eat fast and feel horrible. I'm trying to hit stage 2. I also sat through some discomfort today, but it was around eating without distraction. I guess I just didn't want to be in my mind or body because both were so uncomfortable from fatigue. 
    • I do this so much, too.  We can be uncomfortably present together.   Sounds lovely!  You are certainly entitled to like what you like, and I am sorry to hear that you have been made to feel that is not okay.   I find rowing to be sort of meditative, but it helps when I use the water rower, since the water sloshing sounds are very soothing.   I've missed you, Harriet.  I'm glad you're back!
    • Oh, that's alarming. I had heard that people start losing muscle mass in their 40s--about 1% per year if they don't strength train. It's fast enough to make a difference over time, but I didn't know about additional, more rapid loss later.        I often feel envious of what other people can do and how quickly they can master sports and physical challenges. Alas. Gotta keep treading our own paths. Nothing else for it.
    • Hey Sal, sorry about the job interview and the stress from the previous landlord. Your pink hair looks groovy and Bronze looks well.
    • Plan for yesterday  wear shorts (blind the world with my pale legs!) Avoid YT Shorts paint nails, experiment with toes. foot lotion praise music bottle of water time outside (take a walk) Painting class! more time outside? put grocery order away wash cloths hang and fold shower brush and floss bed by 10   Plan for today Avoid YT Shorts foot lotion praise music bottle of water time outside Painting class! hang and fold shower Cook brush and floss bed by 10

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines