1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 265
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• Random observation: I'm going to see Bløf with the missus in a few weeks. (I got her into them in the first place.) They're pretty much the biggest band in the Netherlands, but apart from *one* massive hit here (together with a Flemish singer), they're largely unknown in our parts. Which is odd, because they should definitely have their audience here too.   Anyway, in the Netherlands they usually perform in the biggest venues, selling out easily. Now they're going on a "theatre tour", playing in smaller venues. 19 concerts, 17 on their home turf, and 2 in Belgium. Guess which 2 gigs are the only ones that aren't sold out yet? 🤣   I just put together their likely setlist for preparation. It's made me realize that I haven't been looking at their discography very closely these last 15-20 years... I mainly know their older stuff... 😅 Should provide some variety in the coming weeks to all the metal music I'm listening to... 😁
    • That would be so cool! I was reading not long ago how to do that, I'll have to see if I saved it   It's crazy I'm so bummed about missing todays workout because I have an 8am dentist appointment (wth was I thinking making it at that hour?) my body could probably use the break though because the left side of my lower back is really acting up lately, like excruciating pain getting out of bed type of acting up     So I was a little ambitious thinking I would have time to post pictures yesterday with month end starting at work and it being our 9 year wedding anniversary. We went to dinner at Ruth Chris steakhouse (which was amazing!) but going to eat anywhere in Atlanta means an hour to get there, hour to get home, and at least two hours in the location, so we didn't get home till late and I didn't even turn my computer back on.   Soo, first set of pictures, April 6 - 13th we rode from our place in GA down to Key West FL. We picked up 2 other riders and a camper van that followed behind for support and gear (SAG wagon) in Jacksonville.   The first day was spent ridding across the state to Bradenton FL, day two was spent riding from there across "alligator alley" to Florida City, "The Gateway to the Keys". We managed to grab a picture of an elevator shaft that was left after Hurricane Ian  Elevator shaft mural here is an article that talks more about it.     So of course, when ridding through Alligator Alley what else would you but stop and get pictures of the gators?   And other wildlife   Day three, riding over the bridges to Key West,  Look at that water ❤️  Quick picture on the side of the bridge   Yes, this was taken in motion     I've known this woman for 25 years, we were bloggers back in the day and were part of a group called the Z list, she lives in KW now and we got to meet for the first time in person!   Day four, heading to Melbourne, this is planning in the parking lot before leaving out And more planning in Starbucks while getting breakfast   When you find a Harley dealer named "Alligator Alley Harley" you have to make a stop!   Picked up a bandana because by this time my face was very windburned, and buffs are too tight for me to wear   Day five, another Harley dealer, this time "space coast"     ran into a bit of weather, found a great place to wait it out   Not my preferred way to wash my bike   Final fuel stop before going our separate ways   Day six, had to catch a ballgame since I was in town before heading home   Last day, back home...total miles ridden this trip            
    • This is precisely why I seldomly take pictures.   Taking one of yourself (or the kids or whoever) with a monument / view in the background feels like a tourist-y thing to do, and I don't really feel like I have to "prove" that I have been there, so what's the point? And taking a picture of just the monument / view is even sillier, because there's no way I can get close to the quality of what I can find online by actual photographers, so why bother? 😅   And there's something "old school" about actually looking at stuff with my own eyes, instead of through a lens... 😎  
    • At least the challenge doesn't start until Monday?  Hope you feel better soon.
    • On Tuesday I biked to work and back, and went for a walk during my lunch break. Did the DailyDare in the evening but not much else.   Went to the library with TimovieSon. TimovieDaughter didn't come, so that basically means I had free rein on which books to pick for her. So I saddled her up with a number of classics from when I was a young teen. A couple of books by Dutch author Jan Terlouw (who I will happily call my favourite children's book author), Otfried Preussler's "Krabat", and Thea Beckman's "Crusade in Jeans", and I added Tolkien's "The Hobbit" for good measure. Let's see how she fares with some of my favourite books from when I was her age... Or with "one of the best books of all time" in the case of "The Hobbit". 😇     Mrs. Movieman left for the airport in the early morning on Wednesday, so I got to sleep in a little. Had stayed up rather late, but nothing totally extravagant. I had the day off too, after all.   The plan was to go swimming with the kids in the afternoon, but a class mate asked if TimovieDaughter would go play at her house, so the swimming got scrapped. TimovieSon spent most of the afternoon playing with a few of the neighbour's kids. I went for an extended walk after I brought TimovieDaughter to her friend's house. TimovieDaughter wanted to go by bike (it's less than 1 km away), but since I wanted to go on a walk immediately after (and the house was halfway to the park where I wanted to go walking), I decided to run beside her instead of getting my own bike. Only managed half the route - I hate running and lack the stamina - but I did it, and I'm totally counting it as an exercise. Even did it twice, because I did it as well when I went to pick her up (again, only ran half the route).       The missus wanted me to mow the lawn yesterday. I got two thirds of the job done, and then our mower died. It was an old one that we had gotten from a friend (after she redid her yard with artificial grass). But that means I have to get a new one. Preferably as soon as possible, because there's an odd strip with long grass amid freshly-mown patches in our back yard. It looks silly. But... yay, unexpected costs! 😒     Watched a bunch of snooker as well. If anyone had put money on David Gilbert, Kyren Wilson, Jak Jones and Stuart Bingham being the World Championship semi-finalists, then that's now a rich man, I think. 😅 I think it's a testament to the fact that the level of play for the entire top-50 has gotten so good and so close that anyone can really beat anyone.   TimovieSon is a tad disappointed, though. One of his favourite football teams (the local Zulte-Waregem) relegated to the second division last year, and yesterday they lost in the promotion play-offs, so they'll be stuck in second division for at least another year. On the bright side: tickets to go see them will be cheaper next season. 🤣 (that last remark left TimovieSon unamused 😈)       Been doing my best on all fronts. Well, maybe not the workouts, but I've been doing something every day. And there's still time this week... 😇   Week 0   M T W T F S S Intermittent fasting               Calorie intake               Calories spent               Calories in/out deficit               Curfew               Sleep               Avg. sleep 6h20 Steps               Avg. steps 14.58K Distance 20.32 km Workouts 0.4 Days with (mini-)workouts 3       Here's another band that'll be at the Alcatraz festival: Clutch. My first reaction to them was "ooh, my dad would probably love these guys!". He's very much into blues-rock, so they seem right up his alley. I'm very much into the "ooh, they sound like fun!" camp and will check them out. The time table for Alcatraz hasn't been released yet, but based on what day and stage the bands are playing, how high they are featured on the poster, and last year's time table, it definitely looks like some decisions will have to be made on Sunday evening. Chances are there will be overlap between the Architects' gig, and either this one or Danko Jones'...   Clutch - Electric Worry
    • Exactly! Nothing pretentious, just fun and silly. Don't know if it's the same diner but I went to one that was amazing, it was so cliche American diner that I thought I was on a movie set. I had cherry pie and the waitress called me honey. I honestly didn't think those place were real. 😄    I see no problem with this whatsoever, unless you claim it's your own pic. I often find the same with landscape photos, a phone photo just can't convey the vibes or scale of a place. It just looks like generic trees/rocks/fog/whatever. Or maybe you could do it with a phone (they really have become amazing!) but you'd still have to get there when the light's the best, find the best location etc. But then the experience becomes something else entirely.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines