1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 2.7k
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• Does the school itself have any cheating/dishonesty policies?
    • I think we're at about a 30-40% failure rate. We've kept 4 and given back 6-8, so not super terrible?
    • Apparently we exported our version of it and then got the American/australian version back again. “Two-penny” or “Tuppence worth” or something similar is the old british version. We use this version in our house, i got it from my grandfather.    sorry to hear the leg issues are still plaguing you. Hope they improve for you over the summer. 
    • ^ This is precisely why I should be making more frequent shorter posts. I actually did 3 exercises last week, not just the 2 DailyDares. There were also 60 seconds of jumping jacks, since that was a "one-day challenge" from work - something they launch about twice per year with a different exercise each time. Employees are encouraged to take photos or videos while doing the exercise which they then combine into a video. The jumping jacks were set to "Jump Around" by The House of Pain in the video.     Yesterday evening I went for a very long walk, and I've already gone on an extended lunch break walk today. I started it a tad early since the weather predictions were saying it would start raining at noon. It's almost 2 in the afternoon now and it just now started drizzling. Oh well. I got my steps in, and I remained dry. Win! Also did 2 DailyDares yesterday, and I've already done today's exercise as well.   Sadly, I stayed up too long to watch the snooker highlights, so my curfew and sleep length have suffered, but otherwise, this is one of the greenest logs in a while. Check out the food and steps blocks! And the distance on the road to Mordor! 😍     Week 5   M T W T F S S Intermittent fasting               Calorie intake               Calories spent               Calories in/out deficit               Curfew               Sleep               Avg. sleep 6h02 Steps               Avg. steps 18.24K Distance 48.18 km Workouts 0.5 Days with (mini-)workouts 3       Weekly weigh-in   Weight: 94.05 kg (-0.10) Body fat: 23.1 % (+0.4)   I did not enjoy seeing this. There was no food shenanigans in the weekend, and I just had 4 consecutive days with less than 2.4K calories intake and over 3.5K calories spent - yesterday even 4K+. That merits more than 100g of weight loss. Damnit, body, would it have killed you to drop under 94 kg??? 😠       Here's another band I'm definitely going to go see at the Alcatraz festival. Another of those younger bands that play classic 80s power metal. I very much enjoyed H.E.A.T. and Dynazty last year, so more of this is very welcome. It's the Finnish band Beast in Black (who toured together with Gloryhammer in a double "Glory and the Beast" bill these past months). Should be fun.   Beast in Black - Blind and Frozen  
    • No, we say two cents usually, think we've taken the whole phrase from the states.     It went fine thanks, it turned out to basically just be a formality to get ne referred for the MRI. The MRI itself was last night, so now just waiting on the results and hoping it shows something useful (or even just rules out a couple of things).     I might try and do this more formally at the weekend, but from what I've already noticed Ive got the following. Bear in mind that it's my right knee that's injured.   The left hip is generally tighter, particularly on the outside, I think caused by lack of glute activation on the left. I also get tightness in the right QL, I think likely related to the lazy left glute.   Range of motion is noticeably worse in the left ankle.   I get more tightness in the hip flexor on the front of the right hip, and this may be related to the actual problem as there's a hip flexor that runs over the front of the hip to the inside of the knee.   My physio noted that my calf raises looked weaker on the right, though I didn't notice much of a difference before he prescribed me calf exercises and I can't find any difference now.   Single leg squats are definitely weaker on the left, probably from the aforementioned lazy glute and tight hip flexors.   I haven't noticed any other differences between the two legs, and nothing hurts when I prod it. Nothing hurts when I do anything other than running or distance walking, although after my last hike I'm getting pain on shorter walks than before suggesting I've made it worse.
    • 15/03: 94.65 kg / 208.7 lbs 22/03: 94.15 kg / 207.6 lbs 29/03: 94.20 kg / 207.7 lbs 12/04: 95.10 kg / 209.7 lbs 19/04: 94.15 kg / 207.6 lbs 26/04: 94.05 kg / 207.3 (-0.1 / -0.3)   Well, that's disappointing! There was no food shenanigans this weekend, and I just had 4 consecutive days with a 1000+ calorie deficit...  
    • I saw the highlights on Wednesday, and my very first reaction was "Sal is probably doing cartwheels at the moment." 😅
    • I love the tone of all of this ❤️ and thank you for sharing the link to your blog, I've added it to my feed reader   I have not forgotten our beat saber date, chaos awaited me upon my return and I'm just now digging out.   This is wonderful!! I'm so happy to read this!
    • This sounds very similar to our story.  We originally were goin g to have only 1, but then decided to get another so Wraith could have a playmate to keep her from being bored all the time.  We intentionally got a Tom because Ghostess wanted Wraith to "enjoy her reproductive rights"*  The implication being that she would have a litter of which we would keep one for a total of 3.    It turns out that Wraith hated the cat we got for her and we had to keep them separated for long periods of time to keep them from fighting.  Eventually Wraith got pregnant (with a little help from a surrogate) but only one of the litter survived.**   As an interesting aside, the surrogate cat that we suspect is Lich's biological dad is also Wight's biological dad, making them half brothers.  Not sure if that is why they hit it off so well, but whatever the reason I will take it over the outright hostility we were expecting.   As with you, the joke is on Ghostess because all of the cats like me best   * I suspect this is a cultural thing driven as a subconscious push back against the one child policy   ** It turns out that although the agreement was to re-home all but one of the littler, I don't think Ghostess would have had the heart to go through with it and we would have been a 6 cat household had they all survived   That's the real danger with cats.  Once they get into the house, it is really hard to get them out again     --------------------------------   This week Ghostess and I decided to put our restricted meal plan into action (for realsies this time) so I have been really trying to cut back on food intake.  So far I have been pretty successful, but not eating is really less enjoyable than eating so this is going to take some real will power.  I have managed to stay away from all sugary snacks so far, which is a vast improvement from the last few months.  So far this week my scale is showing me as being down 1kg and 1% body fat.  Off to a good start     Piano practice is going well, and I think I am on track to be able to have something to share by the end of the challenge   The university had planned a sports day and I am signed up to participate in the 100 meter dash, the shot put and a pushup competition.  I didn't read the notice carefully enough and thought it was this last Wednesday (turns out it isn't until next month) so I drove all the way out to the new campus (1 hour outside of town) for nothing.  Since I was there in my workout kit anyway, I stayed and exercised using their equipment, but it was so much nicer than what we have at the park I wasn't used to it and had a hard time doing my normal routines.   The last couple of days have been mid terms for my students and most of them did really well.  I was really disappointed in a few of them that thought it would be better for them to cheat.    I am still trying to decide how to deal with them.  The "cheating" wasn't necessarily anything ultimately serious (asking students who had already taken the test what the question would be even though I had already told them in advance) but it shows a serious lack of ethics.  The most egregious response I got was from a student who has never attended a single class telling me his feedback on a classroom discussion that I had done with a different class as if he had been there participating.  I mean, I take roll  and know who is answering questions in class so I don't know who he thought he was fooling, but here we are.   We have a long holiday coming up for the May Day holiday, which means that we have to have make up classes because China doesn't give long holidays for free.  This means that I have class again on Sunday.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines