1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 2.2k
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• Congrats on your shorts NSV! I've been trying on my summer shorts as well and am pleasantly happy with progress compared to the end of last summer. 😊     Ahhh good luck with the busy week!  
    • Yeah, a little bit, but I think it varies for each person. There's gonna be a little soreness. I'll live.
    • Did another cardio/bouldering session Thursday, so that was two for last week. Still mostly doing the other things.   Monday I was all set with everything I needed to go to the gym and then just didn't. On the way home, I decided it was probably because I was tired (lack of sleep due to SAR the previous night that ran kind of late). It was probably the right decision to go home, but I'm not sure if I will get two cardios in this week unless I do today and tomorrow (due to other things the rest of the evenings). We'll see.   Had a dream last night that I quit work with no plan, so that was a bit unsettling.
    • Apparently this divorce stuff is affecting me in sneaky ways.  I thought I was doing ok enough.  Ya, stress but not overwhelming.  And then I forgot I had two massage appointments yesterday.  Totally and completely spaced them.  Thankfully my clients know me and were more concerned for my well-being rather than upset with me.  But that is not like me at all.  That meant it was time for a slight reset.   Cleaned up the clutter so my brain would feel less cluttered.  Got my planner organized, filled in, and put in a place I will check it every night and morning.  I'm also speaking up to people, telling them this is hitting me and asking for help in any and all ways.  And I went for a lovely walk after work today; can't waste a beautiful spring day when in New England.  We don't get too many of them.
    • I had a nice long weekend and got some real spring cleaning done. I washed all the curtains in the house for the first time in ummmm years. Probably less than 5 years, but I wouldn't swear to it. I also cleaned and put out the patio chairs and moved the hose reels to their summer locations. I did some cleaning in the garden. There is a ton more of that to do, but that is normal for spring.   I noticed that I am still having trouble getting myself to do things, even fun things. That mental resistance is still there. Not as bad, but not gone either. I'll just keep working on doing what I can. Part of my strategy is letting myself have free rein in most areas, which is not helping at all with weight loss.   Dumbledore went out for coffee with Elf to restore normal communications. That went well according to both of them. The same afternoon, I took Elf clothes shopping. I had a $30 coupon from the last shopping trip and a 30% off offer. Between the two, Elf got two pairs of shorts and five summer tops for $65. 🤩    I dropped Elf off at the clothing store and went next door to buy myself a new pair of athletic shoes. I checked with them ahead of time about if they were comfortable shopping solo. They said they were. A nice step in self-confidence for them. We also had another learning experience on shopping for women's clothes. After I got my shoes, I met up with Elf and they showed me the items they had found. There was a pair of shorts they really liked. I suggested getting two pair, since they had no shorts last summer. We looked at the display and could not find another pair of blue denim shorts in Elf's size. There were white shorts, so I suggested they try those on. Elf said "it's the same brand, can't I just assume these will fit the same as the other color". Sorry kiddo, that is not a good assumption. And so it turned out, the white shorts did not fit. Luckily we found another rack of shorts that had a style and color that did work.   On the way home Elf reassured me that they were not falling into old bad habits and avoiding me and Dumbledore. They just have been sick for the last six months and have not had energy. The shopping trip was fueled by Red Bull. Elf and Cleo spent a lot of time out on the porch over the weekend, so they are getting fresh air, I am seeing them in passing, and we are not fighting about climate control. Yet. I expect a problem when it starts getting hot out.     Zen classes always include meditation plus other activities. Most people think of seated meditation as zen, but actually seated meditation is called "zazen" and is just one activity in zen practice. Classes usually include walking meditation (called kinhin) and often have chanting. There is a question-and-answer session at the end.   Zen practice dovetails beautifully with martial arts. A lot Japanese martial arts teachers also practice zen. There is a tradition in the Rinzai Zen lineage call Zen-Ken-Sho, which means study of zen, martial arts and creative arts. Sho refers to the brush used in calligraphy and painting, but flower arranging and other arts are included. Playing music has a lot of the same sense of being in the moment as zen.     No, I'm planning on going about once a month. Every Tuesday is too much pressure on my free time.           I will keep that in check for now. I still have hope that things will improve. At least both of the young people are actively pursuing medical help. Elf saw an occupational therapist last week. This weekend they went out longboarding (before 9am!) to get in some exercise.
    • Isn't that painful? 😲
    • Mom Brain™️ hard at work.  I won't tell you how many times this week I asked my husband "what did I eat for lunch yesterday?" so I could record it and he knew when I didn't.  🙈
    • Well, we're taking charge of things over here and it's really good.  I'm tired, but Mom and I have been taking turns between Dad and the house and we're getting stuff done. Dad is done with doctors for a few months so we'll get a nice break after Mom and I are done with all our appointments. Dad is wearing me out a bit with his constant talking,  so I'm glad for a break. This thursday I'm getting a mammogram, and I'm like "Oh that's gonna be nice to sit in a quiet spot for while."    I'm thinking about taking some time off. I don't know what that means yet, but I'm thinking on it.
    • You could get stationery with Isaac Newton on it.
    • Still hanging around 180lb, but I think I'm getting better about my diet.  So we'll see if I can maintain that for the week and break this plateau.   Flying out to a friend's wedding this weekend, but luckily, I don't have to eat well as long as I quit snacking constantly.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines