1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 934
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• *staggers in* Made it through the week! Well, it was a short week. But still!   Today, had committee meeting, then girded up all my patience and had a patience-testing meeting. Got through it 😅 then met work friend for an uproarious lunch, then over to the gym — which was remarkably not crazy crowded, despite being well into the afternoon! I think the students must be departing early for the four day weekend. PR’d my overhead press and kind of PR’d my bench, I think? Well, it was the highest weight I’ve ever done, but stalled at 3 reps per set when I usually do 5. So I don’t know if that counts or not… but I have been stuck at the previous weight for ages and excited to make some headway!   Then back to the office, and my building was bananas level empty by 2:30 pm. Stats (whee!) then walked home with hubby, and even remembered to stop by the neighbourhood grocer’s as they’ll be closed tomorrow. Now just exhausted. Very soon I will find the strength to get off the couch and change out of my dog hairy clothes so we can head out to dinner. But for now, just a few minutes more with my feet up!
    • Ooh, thinking of you! Hope it’s the good kind of update? But  we will be here regardless! Happy Easter weekend!
    • You’re a beautiful soul making beautiful art. Thanks for existing. 
    • I’d be shy too! I have magnetic catches but they’re unsuitable once the bead is larger than 4mm. I have quite a few toggle and wire options that work for a fatter 8mm bead. To my mind, 8mm is the smoothest bead for counting while you meditate. 10mm moves great too, but they’re less common. 
    • Hello Friends!   I'm a bit late today, I had a busy busy morning between meetings, knocking out work items, and celebrating the Man's work progress! He was selected by the VP to skip the "hireview" and move straight into an interview with the VP for a different department (same position, different department - this one the sales people actually have to go sell things unlike his current position which is "sales" but is more an advisor because it's government)   Battle Ready: Solid arm workout today. I'm doing fairly well progressing but my arms still look quite flabby. I know it's fat and fat takes time to drop off, but it's so hard to not see the changes I'm noticing elsewhere in my body! The numbers I'm lifting show the changes, though, so I have to remind myself to focus on that. I've also been focusing on getting the dogs out for walks and right now, while it's not too hot, I'm successfully managing over lunch but I've lowered my step goal from 10k to 7k and that's still been a struggle to meet. I was 300 steps off yesterday (I'd be closer but I charge my watch while I do my nightly routine and then reading before sleep). I need to work on finding ways to get more steps and that will mean getting off my lazy butt during the work day to move around. My watch reminds me every 50 minutes if I've been still, but it's registered as "active" while I'm still sitting if I'm doing big enough arm movements. Rather than take rest breaks to research things online, I need to get up and moving. My phone is mobile and I can easily pace around the house while doing the research I want to do or playing the game I want to. Part of the problem is that after work I'm either helping the Man with his MBA stuff or he's already turned on the show we're watching together. He won't pause it and I have to choose between missing a big piece of the storyline or walking the dogs. The weather has helped me make the decision more often than not lately but we're getting close to evenings or mornings being my only option due to the Texas heat (more for the dog's sake than mine). I need to start getting into morning walks again after our workouts and it'll get easier once it starts getting lighter out earlier (stupid daylight savings time change ruined that... I have to try to sleep when it's still light out and I can't do my workouts until I'm already at work in the mornings. Not a fan).   Edible Alchemy: I've got a tentative meal plan for the next 2 weeks but I'm second guessing it. Part of it is that I planned the work weeks but didn't plan for the weekend between. I'll be on call from 8am-4pm Saturday and Monday so I need already-prepped meals so I don't get a call midway through cooking. Sunday I'll be at the station from 8am-4pm so I need meals that travel well (at least lunch and snacks, but likely a breakfast of some sort as well since I don't do well eating first thing). All that is messing up my week plan because I'm not sure how to go about it. I need to sit down and work through it better before tomorrow, I'll need to take an extended lunch break tomorrow to get groceries since HEB is closed all day on Easter (I find that crazy considering Christmas Eve, New Years Eve/Day, and Thanksgiving they are open, even if they're shorter hours). The one time I wish I wasn't busy Saturday.... Oh well.   Mundane Magic: I've been doing pretty okay with my meditation. I do the 7 Days of Managing Stress sometime during the day and then a self-meditation to sleep. The sleep is a little less than idea, but we're making progress. Greet the Day has been going well also. Gua sha is becoming a bit of a magical experience. I find myself able to ground while doing it. Next step is to infuse it with a little added intention. Baby steps, though!   Mirror, Mirror: I've been doing the 7 days of Posture Improvement. I need to do today's but that'll mark 4 days in a row. They've all taken less than 10 minutes to do. Yesterday I stepped away from our TV show (I could hear it still) and knocked it out after dinner. I might take an afternoon work break to do so today. Everything else is going well. I remembered to pull my Rune and Oracle this morning first thing which was nice. I feel good about that and it's giving me a chance to do a little Mundane Magic with a little reflection and learning all in one.   Knowledge Acquisition: I really need to sit down with the Man's Project 2 and start planning things out now so I can tutor him properly. Luckily I have until next weekend (10 days) to get him finished with it. I'd rather start early, though, given Saturday we're gone and Saturday/Sunday we're locked down but may be on calls (hopefully it's boring - I'll need to charge my kindle and the Man wants to use that time to work ahead on school work). But first I need to make this grocery list so I can go shopping tomorrow and not leave us starving hehe   Bartering: Based on my tentative meal plan (and what the Man needs for his) it's going to be a pricey one. I get paid the 5th of August so the interest accrued will be so minimal the cashback I have will more than cover it if I use the credit card. Once the payment hits, I can pay about 1/2 immediately (approx 1 week's worth) and once I'm paid, I can pay the other half (as if I was grocery shopping that weekend though I won't be). I did, however, pay my credit card to just below $7k today so I hit that mini-goal! The interest charge, once it hits in about a week, will pop it back up over $7k but barely and I can knock that tiny amount off with my next paycheck on the 5th and slowly chip away at it from there. I do have a pretty hefty charge of just over $300 coming on the 14th but that's offset by no longer having the RV loan coming out the 16th for nearly the same amount so I won't miss it. Because I've worked diligently to get ahead on bills, I should still be able to  put nearly the entire goal amount of summer fun money aside in savings despite practically paying the "loan" one last time. One of those things I worked ahead on was to pay our HOA dues using my last paycheck rather than having BigBills and HOA on the same one, which would've made things rather tight. I will continue to work ahead on bills when possible and set aside money for summer ❤️  I'm waiting on one last e-mail to confirm our loan finalization for the truck. Right now, it states our first payment is due April 26th. I hope I get that confirmation soon since the payment is due April 17th with the current loan and I'm setting aside the money to cover the current higher payment until I know for sure I'm clear.   Alright, I really need to get back to work now. Tata!
    • So pretty. Snowflake obsidian is just gorgeous with the green.  like that you are using magnetic catches on some of them. I am always a tad shy if elasticated ones after having a bracelet explode on my wrist on a very hot day once. 
    • Glad the gf regime is going well and you can get good gf options when out locally.  also that the doctors appointment went so well. Plus the new sofa lived up to expectations, which is super.   it is really hard to heal. The best we could do was keep topping up peoples hp until the effect timed out. Doable when stuff is less rushed, But in the middle of combat or if your running out of a collapsing cave…not ideal. I was tanking, so could soak the damage mostly, but our monk was rather prone to collapsing from it mid fight.  but it just keeps going and going after combat, so can be a nightmare on supplies and spells.    Cant remember if my friend home brewed the setting to some extent or not. I suspect so (as that is his thing). But they where definitely playing law enforcement of some sort. 
    • https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5EJvv6ucTf/?igsh=MXdoN2FuMzZoMHFiag== https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5EKJBTOpvb/?igsh=bnNiZXdoOHg1eWww   https://www.instagram.com/p/C5EMGnkORjm/?igsh=MXVpOWVvcjJrbWZsbw==
    • Sasheer Zamata is a slayer with an impressive rouges gallery; Uprights Citizens Brigade, ABC News, MTV, SNL, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, The Mitchells vs. the Machines, Tuca & Bertie, Inside Amy Schumer, and the Muppets. This slayer was even named the ACLU's celebrity ambassador in 2015 and has done significant work fighting gender discrimination and colorism. Zamata has a TED talk-like delivery, structuring the jokes in the context of systematic observations about culture. I dropped the rating system because it was feeling uncomfortable, but Zamata is a great example of a raconteur comedian, whose longer stories trade some LPM for thoughtful pauses.   A 4:08 clip from her 2017 special "Pizza Mind"   A 4:02 clip from from a 2013 bar set   And a 12:38 clip from her 2023 special "The First Woman Here"   [AI image generated by Dezgo with the prompt "Sasheer Zamata as a vampire slayer, wielding a microphone as a weapon, with natural hair." Every other prompt produced a lolita pinup result with straightened hair. Zamata would literally slay me if I posted AI of her like that.     Slayer Training Lore  Reading in bed by 11pm - 5x/week ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ 🔲   Duolingo streak by noon -  7x/week  ✅ ✅✅ 🔲 🔲 🔲 🔲 Meditation Ass on meditation pillow - 7x/week   ✅✅ ✅ ✅ 🔲 🔲 🔲 Bodhrán meditation 3x/week   🔲 🔲 🔲  Strength Squat 3x3 85% 3x8 70% Paused leg extensions 5x5 65% HIT 15 mins Life Stuffs Weltschmerz has me down. NF is kinda a happy place so lets not get into it, but the world is bad out there. Hitting the comedy and self-care a little harder than normal while I process the ongoing "god is dead" moments from the news. Eyesight is back to normal after working hard on neck tension last night. Might be popping a NSAID before bed for a bit while my neck adjusts to wearing the mask.  Uploading counting bracelet pics below. Counting bracelets let you get around the 108 beads of a normal meditation/prayer beads set, by wearing 27ish beads on one bracelet to cycle through 4+ times, while keeping count of your rotations with the beads on your second bracelet. 
    • Such beautiful photos! That clapper bridge feels right out of a fantasy world! And I love your purple hair. 😍

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines