1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 255
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• I have a challenge problem. I fail every one, but keep trying. Some might call it madness, some tenacity.   THIS time I have a new plan. I'm going to be all sneaky-like about it.       Instead of tackling things head on, I'm taking a three-pronged approach, a combo of managing my energy, my environment and my emotions. In theory, when these are aligned I won't need schedules or to do lists (except as reminders) and thus won't rebel against them.      Energy   #1 Sleep - Go to bed before midnight. Switch to glasses and brush my teeth as soon as I feel tired.     #2 Hydrate - I've been tracking my water intake and it's not great. And let's be real most of it consists of coffee. Aim is 2.5 liters of liquid.     #3 Don't wreck myself in the gym - I accidentally got a little handstand obsessed again and don't notice the time until my body can't take it and then I get sore for days and don't wanna do anything. The goal is to set a timer in case I get carried away.     Environment    #1 Use web blockers - I keep falling into YT rabbit holes and need a reset. Not too aggressive because then I start rebelling against them, just during the day when I really want to be doing other things.     #2 Use music to get moving and manipulate mood     #3 Go outside/change environment when I feel stale     Emotions   #1 Figure out why I'm procrastinating - Am I overwhelmed? Do I know how to do the thing? Am I bogged down by expectations? Can I break it down, or make it easier?     #2 Make it fun!     Let's go! What could possibly go wrong this time?    
    • Dragon Age 2: very good. Easier than Origins (but Origins was hard if you didn't play as a mage with lots of AoE / CC spells). Varric is an excellent character (but then, I have a thing for unreliable narrators). Dragon Age Inquisition: abandoned it after 30-40 hours. Not that it was bad, just that I didn't feel up for another 100 hours in the game, especially as a simple "goody two-shoes" decision had immediately locked me into one of the main paths without it being a concious choice on my part. There's just too much content... Torment: Tides of Numenera: excellent. Not as much of a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment as I had hoped (and as was advertised), but the influence is definitely there. And it's not overly long, or better: it doesn't overstay its welcome. I think I kept it under 50 hours. 😋
    • Heidi   I'm glad you're doing things and enjoying yourself   BUT   what did we just say about having too much on your plate already?
    • Good luck and welcome to the Rebellion!
    • True, though I've always had a limited budged and a not-so-cutting-edge PC, so the release frequency doesn't really get to me. Last game I was hyped about and grabbed on release was Diablo 2. Just before posting this, I decided to treat myself and grabbed three games you'd not exactly call modern: Dragon Age 2 (2011) and 3 (2014) and Torment: Tides of Numenera (2017).   Very true. Kinda why I'm burning through my games backlog lately. A lot of them are junk I can just discard quick. Even if they're simple and repetitive, if I feel like I can grind it out to the finish but I'm not having fun, I'll drop them. That way I don't have to feel pressure having a list of so many games I've never played, but instead with the field clear I can focus on the few ones that take longer and I enjoy.   Oh for sure. As part of my project, I'm not too shy to look up something if I get stuck at a specific spot. Just get past it and keep playing.   Wednesday 1 May Had to go do some paperwork at court in the morning, so no rush to be at work on time, plus I expected things to be slow due to Easter. That said, I did my workout and even played a bit of Call of the Sea, which I'm very much enjoying.   3x18 Rear Delt Flyes 3x18 Side Lateral Raises (ROM really suffered on the last set, probably should stick with these reps before adding more) 3x13 Bench Press 3x13 Pull Over 3x13 Overhead Shoulder Press 3x15 Biceps Curls 3x17 Skull Crushes (getting kinda hard to keep the arm steady on this and not involve the shoulder, but I'm focusing on technique) 3x11 Front Squats 3x11 Romanian Deadlifts 3x18 Calf Raises   Hit the courts after showering and boy was I glad to have taken it easy, because their computers were busted and there was a queue of people that had been waiting for a while already. I did submit the papers I was there for and got back to the office for some chill work stuff, since we were scheduled to close it at 17:00 instead of the usual 19:00+. Like, by the time I was back and finished with an appointment that had been scheduled for me in the meantime, it was already 15:00 so it's not like I could devote myself to any massive tasks. Got a few things done and uploaded a couple of documents to my google drive, to be tackled at home. Nothing major, just some copy-paste patchwork between them, but they were kinda urgent and Thursday we'd be closing the office even earlier, at 15:00, so I wanted to make sure it was properly handled. The rest of the evening I mostly chilled (pinned by one of my cats while the roomba did its thing) and played some more Call of the Sea, before spending some time on a call with the amazing deffy, then went to sleep.
    • Oh no. Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better quickly.
    • Ah, the "You just made big plans in an NF challenge" curse has hit, and I'm down with a stomach bug *weak laughter*    I guess at least I'll be able to get some progress on my knitting and maybe the written part of my pagan studies today. 
    • I am halfway through ghost walk and absolutely loving it, so also a good one to check out.
    • I like the simplicity of  your goals!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines