1. WELCOME TO THE REBELLION

1. The Oracle - Help, FAQ, and Suggestions

Not sure where to begin, need some help with something, or want to make a suggestion? This is the spot!

2. Rebel Introductions and the Respawn Point

New to the Rebellion, or did something go wrong and you're Respawning? Welcome, soldier! Post your story here, your battle plans, and what you plan on bringing to the table.

Talk about whatever the hell you want here. Well, almost anything :)

1. 234
    3. Guilds, Clubs, Adventure Parties, and PVPs

Looking for a party to adventure with, an accountibilibuddy, or want to create a PVP Challenge? This is the place! 

Not sure where to start? Check out the how-to thread!

Working on your own Epic Quest? Or just looking for daily accountability? 

Start your own thread and keep track of your workouts, food logs, and/or accomplishments here. Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing.

*NOTE: Daily Battle Logs and challenges are completely independent of each other - you can have one or both.

• She had at one point but I don't know what happened. Retrospectively she acknowledges she got a lot accomplished with them but I think she also didn't trust that they didn't sneakily get rid of stuff and felt bullied into giving stuff away. She's a very paranoid person to begin with. I'll pry a bit into it and see if it's something she is open to again once I get a job.    She used to have a house cleaner to do laundry, dishes, watering plants, helping her go through things. She has since retired. And I have no problem doing the cleaning and little tasks. I think she could use professional help which she had used in the past. Perhaps I can warm her up to the idea again and ease her into it. 
    • I had a coworker/friend who had no sentimental feelings toward anything she'd outgrown, and I relied on her body doubling to accomplish a go-through-my-stuff purge of college left overs. So I get what you mean. X)
    • Good luck! Looks like a good set of goals. 
    • Challenge Wrap-Up   1. Light a candle for morning prayers This was good. Happened most weekdays.   2. Walk - This has pretty much defaulted to 0.6 mile walk because I don't get up early enough to not be in a rush for work This was fairly good, although it suffered occasionally on days when I wanted/needed to be at work or leave work by a certain time (instead of just working late to compensate for starting late).   3. Eat broccoli (or other veggies) This was good. Happened most weekdays.   4. Cardio at the gym 2 days a week      4a. Rescue shoes from spider webs Shoes were rescued and cleaned      4b. Pack gym bag Gym bag (backpack) seems to be working out well      4c. Do the cardio Week 1 - one session Week 2 - two sessions Week 3 - two sessions Week 4 - one session Week 5 - one session Overall, I think it's a good start given schedule challenges. I'd like to get into the 2-3 session/week range consistently.   Also, there was lots of bouldering which I'm really enjoying. I'm working up to about a V3 level (haven't tried V4s yet), and while I can't always finish the V3s, they do seem to be getting easier. This has been a good challenge, really getting into bouldering and working out a good setup for using the cardio machines.   I'm still thinking about what to do for next challenge. It's the week leading up to Easter for me, so everything is busy. Much church and other stuff (for example, the potato salad I'm taking to potluck on Thursday was started by shopping on Monday and chopping green onions and parsley, boiling potatoes on Tuesday, tonight I need to mix everything together, and tomorrow I need to bring it to work because I'm going directly to church/potluck; oh, and I also need to remember to take bread that I got for Saturday).   Anyway, ideas to add for next challenge: evening candle, cleaning, increase cardio to 3x/week (or 2x/week and do something on the weekend), better sleep schedule (haha, this one's probably not realistic at this point). I also have ideas about playing with heart rate zones again (targeting low intensity which is probably slower than the cardio I've been doing at the gym), but I'm not sure if I want to do that this challenge or wait a bit longer. Getting in some hiking with a pack would also be good.
    • aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-     aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa   So, if I still had hair, I'd have lost it by now on account of it being on fire. Such is the way of the overtime worker.   But the very short version of things is that I kept up and managed to keep my cleaning up over 80%. Meaning that I have purchased additional tools since the last time I was here. This is dope.   Also, working to clean up my space has led me to doing some additional cleaning around my place - regular vacuuming and wiping up the sink, and also finally scrubbing down the drying area for my dishes and getting a waterproof mat to keep the surface dry. There's more to do and keep doing, but I've kept those up and I'm surprised at how natural it feels. It's not perfect, and it'd be easier if the job would let me just work at home, but it doesn't and isn't going to for the foreseeable future despite my efforts to the contrary. Perfect must not be the enemy of good enough, but the guidepost for "better than before."   Training's been going well. Mat time has been hard to come by. I took one class last week on my lunch break just to see how the workweek would go, and everything wrecked. I haven't narrowed down why that was; I refuse to accept that a single hour taken off for my mental health could wreck me that badly, especially since I had multiple medical appointments last week that just ate and ate my time. But OTOH, mat time is negotiable, and medical stuff is not. And I seem to coincidentally have more of that to deal with last week and this upcoming week. It's... hard to parse out what's making what happen here, meaning that it's going to take some study. I'm worried that I'll figure it out just in time for the OT situation to change again and suddenly I won't have the flexibility to do mat time anymore during the day.   But I'm feeling better in my body than I have in a while. I've managed to successfully integrate some mobility training in my home setting that I'll speak up about next challenge. Also, I achieved my goal weight 12 days ahead of schedule and then some; went from ~206 lbs on Mar 17 to a weekly average of ~193. Did so eating a lot of tasty food, meditating, walking a lot, and sleeping through the night, which is a novelty that I haven't experienced in a while. I'm genuinely shocked that it worked at all, let alone as well as it seems to have.   Guess this RP Diet app is the real deal. Hm.   I've got a pretty good idea of the next challenge and what it'll entail. Might even be able to make it nerdy, which I haven't done in a minute. We'll see.   In the meantime, my thanks to all y'all what stopped by and cheered me on. It helps. I mean it. Special thanks to (in no particular order) @Sovalis, @TimovieMan, @Mad Hatter, @Scaly Freak, @Mistr, @Everstorm, @sarakingdom, and anyone else I missed along the way.   See you next round!  
    • I"m going to take a moment to pause and celebrate this sentence. HOORAY!! HUZZAH!! Go You! 🎉🎉   Back to the challenge at hand: I'm really interested in how (if?) this shift affects your meditation itself. I noticed a huge difference in the meditation and in my day and in a whole bunch of other things, but that might just be me.   I hear you about this, too, especially about being willing to do nothing more than being willing to do something over the lunch break. I think this is wisdom.   This insight is so liberating, I can almost see you float.  It's beuatiful to realize we aren't letting anyone down.   Very encouraged by the insights in your Not-Changing list as well.
    • I have Supernatural, too! Maybe we can do that as an Oculus meet-up. Always love your pictures. Good to see you again. Here to cheer you on. ❤️   
    • Oh good, for a second I was fearing an Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull gif. But that's not possible because that movie doesn't exist. 😒😇

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines