Dan is an Australian mental health worker and a father to three young children.
Working in the social work field for over a decade, Dan’s passion for community mental health has driven his research and work.
Dan specializes in:
- Community Engagement
- Early Psychosis
This has led to the development and implementation of nation-wide mental health and wellbeing initiatives across correctional services, emergency responders, adolescents, parents, the LGBTQIA+ community, and the South Australian Mental Health Commission.
Currently, Dan has been researching the long-term mental health impacts of COVID-19 as well as supporting the long-term wellbeing of communities affected by the 2019/2020 Australian Bushfires.
Dan has continued to develop his skills to build community-wide mental health and wellbeing in innovative ways. His credentials include:
- Bachelor of Social Science (Maj. Human Services & Psychology)
- Accredited Community Engagement specialist
- Certified in Mental Health First Aid
- International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) Certification
- Graduate Certificate Digital Marketing
- Regular guest lecturer at the University of South Australia and Adelaide University
- Awarded South Australian Emerging Historian of the Year 2018
You can find Dan on Twitter, where he discusses parenting, mental health, and ska music.