There are a lot of benefits WHEN YOU Join Team Nerd Fitness:
1) Work with talented people. We aren’t perfect, but people on Team Nerd Fitness have super powers that are well honed in different areas. If you like working with passionate, talented people, that’s us.
2) Work remotely, set your own schedule. We have 40+ team members that live in 20+ different states (and a few countries)! Because of this, we don’t have required “working hours” or only offer a limited number of accrued vacation days.
Instead, everyone gets their work done on their own schedule. We encourage people to close their laptops, take vacations, and prioritize time to travel, relax, and be with their families.
We work hard to be accountable to each other, but we don’t care where you work from or what hours you work! We help each other out too. Have family in another state or another country, and you want to go spend extended time there? Great!
3) We care about our team, our customers, and our community. We’re doing our best to change the world for the better! We’re helping hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world. If that’s appealing to you – and you care – you’ll fit right in.
4) Most positions start as a 1099 contractor on a per project basis. This setup is the most simple and clean to start. We’re a team and business that’s growing FAST and we’re up for constantly evaluating where talented people can fill roles and provide value to our community.
We are hiring for these positions!
About Nerd Fitness:
Nerd Fitness is a fast-growing company of 30+ full-time team members that has tremendous potential for individual growth and responsibility. Our online community has 2 million monthly visitors to its free content, has over 40,000 paid customers in its digital products and trainings, and offers 1-on-1 online coaching to hundreds of clients. We focus on helping self-proclaimed nerds, misfits, and mutants get healthy in a sustainable, accessible way.
Currently, website visitors to Nerd Fitness can read a little about how our 1-on-1 coaching works prior to signing up for a 20-25 minute phone call to speak with a Nerd Fitness Team Member. This is where you come in.
We are searching for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and personable internal phone salesperson to join our team. [This role does not require cold calling, this is for inbound, pre-scheduled calls only]
- A sales team role that will focus on M-F 11AM-7PM (US Eastern Time) availability for sales calls, with an option for evenings instead and/or weekend times if interested.
- You will be on the frontlines with our most important asset (our community members), be the voice of the Nerd Fitness team, and play a key role in the next steps of every person you speak with.
- Have quick, fun conversations with inquiring minds who signed up for a call with you to receive clarity around what our 1-on-1 coaching program entails.
- Quickly get to know your inbound lead and their current fitness goals, motivations, and current restrictions.
- Share an accurate and detailed description of exactly how we can help them with our program, setting expectations and showing how our program will help them reach their goals and overcome their challenges.
- Follow our tried and true sales call format, with your main responsibility being to LISTEN and understand the needs and questions of your lead.
- Participate in strategic and administrative conversations within the growth department via Slack and a monthly sales team call.
- Track your calls, pick-ups, and other analytics across various sources
- Keep concise notes about each customer interaction. Your conversations lay the foundation of a Coach’s knowledge about a client.
- Once a client makes their payment his/her coach will take over the responsibility of their experience and success.
- Maintain flexible availability to open up your schedule for inbound calls Monday – Friday 11AM-7PM Eastern Time, and some weekend shifts. You also have the option for alternative evening hours if you prefer. Some weeks, your time block will not fill up and other times you may have a rush of calls with excited nerds wanting to learn more about our coaching program.
- Love talking with new people, building rapport quickly, and have a passion for helping determine if our custom 1-on-1 coaching solution is the best fit for them.
- This job is fully remote, and can be done from anywhere, but requires a reliable internet connection, a headset, a comfortable working arrangement, and a quiet environment (since you’ll be on phone conversations most of the time).
- Maintaining the minimum average sales conversion rate, set by the group average of the NF sales team.
- Maintaining extreme organization and structure that allows you to follow up with leads (typically via email) in a timely, efficient manner.
- Experience or ability to learn our Google Sheets, HelpScout (email), and other software as needed.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills. You can connect with people easily over the phone. You’re easy to talk to and you are someone that people can trust to have their best interest in mind. Speaking to other people energizes you.
- You have a high level of internal motivation to meet and exceed goals. You won’t have someone watching over you all day, so you should be able to self-start and keep a narrow focus on your metrics.
- You have an intense desire to learn the ins and outs of the product and our Coaches’ strengths, and understand how the first few days of a client’s interaction with the Sales Team and the Coach impact a client’s lifespan in the program. You are flexible in your work life. If people don’t answer, that’s okay. If people cancel or reschedule, that’s okay. If your time doesn’t fill up, that’s okay. And most importantly, if ALL your time fills up with back-to-back conversations – that’s definitely okay, too.
- Ultimately, you are bringing new clients to our 1-on-1 coaching program regularly
- While you are required to maintain our team’s average conversion rate, after time your sales conversion rate is expected to show improvement month over month.
- Develop and improve scripts and email templates that will help amplify the results of a growing sales team.
- Be a part of the improvement of overall systems on the sales team, working to streamline the process
- Close collaboration with the sales team and other members of the growth department
- There is room for advancement within the growth department, and we allow opportunities (when they arise) for results-driven sales team members to advance and/or move into different positions throughout the department
These skills and abilities are a plus!
- Acquainted with health, fitness, self-improvement, and habit-building concepts
- Familiar with Nerd Fitness philosophy, content, and communication style
- Additional availability you can offer up from time to time to cover other time slots of your team members
- Quick learner when it comes to implementing new technology or online software
You will be compensated for each person who joins our Coaching Program after your sales call or follow-up process. Additional compensation is available if a customer decides to upgrade to a semi-annual or annual prepaid option after signing up.
Your full compensation details of each sale will be provided if you are selected for an interview.
The amount a salesperson can earn is only capped by available leads and the amount of availability they schedule each week (not capped by us).
Please note that while this is a remote position, we are a U.S.-based company and you must be authorized to work in the United States to apply.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to explore, email your resume to email@example.com. We will be looking over resumes on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Your email must include:
- “Coaching Salesperson” in the subject line
- Your location and time zone
- Something you are passionately nerdy about (e.g. reading, gardening, Marvel, hiking, Lord of The Rings)
- Why you are perfect for the role
- Schedule availability
Your resume should be a one-page overview of your most relevant work experience and achievements that should indicate your success in this role at Nerd Fitness.
Due to the typical volume of applicants for our available roles at Nerd Fitness, please know that we cannot respond to everyone who sends in an application. If you make it to the second round of the application process, you will know typically within one week of receiving your application.
We look forward to reviewing your resume and cover letter!