I’m Steve Kamb, the creator of Nerd Fitness: a blog and community dedicated to helping desk jockeys and average Joes level up their lives.
I’m the author of the Rebel Strength Guide, Rebel Fitness Guide, and Rebel Strength Guides - complete diet and fitness plans for busy people who want to get started with exercise and getting into shape.
I am currently traveling the world, exercising anywhere and everywhere – in the past 18 months I’ve spent time in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, China, Japan, San Francisco, Portland, Atlanta, Boston, Washington D.C., Chicago, Ireland, Spain, France, Monaco, Puerto Rico, South Africa, and Ecuador.
I have guest lectured at Google Headquarters in Mountain View, CA, and Google’s European headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. I’ve also spoken at Facebook Headquarters in Menlo Park, CA, and also at TEDxEmory in Atlanta, GA.
You can view my talk at Google in San Francisco in its entirety here:
And here is my TEDxEmory Talk:
I have also been interviewed on radios stations across the country, including CBS Radio in Seattle and KSL Radio in St Lake City, Utah. I’ve been featured on websites such as Gizmodo (the #2 How-To Article of 2010), TheNextWeb, Art of Manliness, and CopyBlogger.
Level Up Your Life
In this presentation specifically designed for both men and women that work in office environments:
- How to apply gaming mechanics to your life in order to live healthier.
- How to set specific goals that help you live better more quickly.
- Real life examples of Nerd Fitness readers who have achieved incredible success following these methods.
- Tips for busy people that are looking to make changes without sacrificing their family or social lives.
In this presentation for small businesses looking to develop an online community:
- The importance of building passionate fans that will become your biggest marketers.
- How to launch a new community with a bang rather than a whimper.
- Important steps to take to make sure your first fans stick around forever.
- When relinquishing control can actually help your community grow faster.
In this interactive and educational talk, you’ll learn:
- How I took a simple passion of mine and turned it into a thriving online global business.
- How I’m able to travel the world for months at a time while still running my company.
- What I did wrong and what I did right in growing my site and brand.
- How to transition from a blog that’s a hobby into a blog that’s a business.
- The number one most important thing to starting a blog or company.
As part of Google’s wellness efforts, we were seeking individuals who could come and present to our employees on varying perspectives related to physical, emotional, and financial health. As part of that as well as a fan of Nerd Fitness, I contacted Steve to see if he’d be willing to not only present in-person but also over video conference all while being recorded to be posted publicly on YouTube.
Steve was an excellent communicator with a clear passion for trying to help motivate people to take a step each day toward getting fit. He kept the audience interested, engaged, and enthused throughout his whole presentation. We liked him so much and felt that his message resonated with so many of our employees that we also asked him to speak in our offices in Europe as well. -Shana Sweeney, Google San Francisco
“We had Steve in to give the final keynote at our conference and he nailed it. It was the perfect mix of inspiration, humor, and practical wisdom. On stage he came across as humble, passionate, and knowledgable, which is impossible to pull off if you’re not being authentic and shooting from the heart. Would have him back in a heartbeat.” - Bryan Allain, Host of the Killer Tribes Conference.
If you’re interested in having me come speak at your company, conference, school, or organization – please send an email to email@example.com discuss the next steps. We will discuss your audience and any specific lessons or goals you’d like me to cover in the talk.