Send us your details below to make this thing official:
Nerd Fitness is hosting our first (virtual) 5K!
Here are the event details:
- When: July 18, 2020
- Where: Wherever! (It’s virtual.) You can map your route right here (a 5K is 3.1 miles)
- Who: Everyone! You can walk some or all of it. If you can’t go outside, DON’T PANIC, we’ll talk about some alternatives you can do below.
- Why: To get us all moving as a community.
- How much: It’s free! (Although we’ll be doing weekly training with Nerd Fitness Prime members…more on this below.)
What’s going on in Nerd Fitness Prime?
For Nerd Fitness Prime Members, Coach Jim will be leading a twice-a-week training program for the next 6 weeks:
- The 1st session will cover your running/walking missions for the week.
- The 2nd session will cover supplementary activities: strength training, stretching, and proper sleep that you can do to prepare for the event.
If you are interested in having a specific 5K training program to follow, experts to ask if you have questions, and accountability from a supportive community…
Now’s the time to join us in NF Prime!
Note: the training starts the week of June 8th, 2020, but all sessions are recorded so you can follow along at your leisure.
Already a Nerd Fitness Prime member? Click right here to head to the training sessions.
What if I Can’t Go Outside?
Our goal is to move together for about 30 minutes. Coach Jim will go through some alternatives in our NF Prime training series, but some ideas to move inside:
- Jump rope, march/jog in place, or climb the stairs
- Run a 5k on a treadmill
- Use any type of stationary bike (distance is approx 20k)
- Use a rowing machine to row about 6k
Or if you’re feeling wild, everyone’s favorite: 30 minutes of burpees!
Nerd Fitness Running Resources
If you’re interested in training on your own, we got you covered.
Here are some Nerd Fitness running resources to prepare for our virtual 5k:
- Zero to 5K: this guide will tell you EXACTLY how to prepare for your first 5K.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Running: are you running correctly? How can you improve your technique? Read our guide to discover how to NOT suck at running.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for Beginners: the training Coach Jim will be doing for NF Prime members will follow a HIIT strategy, switching between intervals of running and walking. Learn all about HIIT right here. You can also check out our at-home HIIT workout.
Nerd Fitness Shirts!
Increase your constitution and dexterity today by grabbing a NF5K shirt!
You can order shirts, tanks, hoodies, and even face masks (run safely, my friends) right here!
All items are printed and shipped to order, so you should get your sweet threads soon after you purchase them. Sah-weet!!
We’ll SEE you on July 18th!!!
*That sweet LEGO photo at the top is from Four Bricks Tall*