Why am I jump kicking for joy?
Because after what seems like an eternity (totally my fault), the new Nerd Fitness Store has been completely overhauled, restocked, and relaunched!
We’ve been in negotiations for months with my friend Lauren over at Campus Customs to become Nerd Fitness’s exclusive apparel company, and we’ve finally come to an agreement that creates some awesome opportunities for Nerd Fitness and the Rebels (which sounds like a band name).
NF Team member Staci has been living in Nerd Fitness merchandise box forts for the past year, and I know she’s excited to hand off merch operations to a company that does this does for a living.
Let me tell you why this kicks ass.
The New Nerd Fitness Store
Why is this such great news about the new store?
- Zip-up hoodies are back in stock! We’ve gotten dozens of emails over the past few months from readers looking for zip-up hoodies (my biased opinion? they’re the coolest, most comfortable hoodies ever).
- Performance shirts are now available! Yes, we’ve been talking about these since…April? Now they’re available, and you can even customize what gets printed on the back of them if you’d like.
- This frees up ten hours of Staci’s time every week that she can now devote to other Nerd Fitness matters, like helping me get our first iPhone app launched (will be submitting it to iTunes in the next week or two), and more time dedicated to RisingHeroes.com
- We’ll be able to offer WAY more options of unique, quality Nerd Fitness merchandise. For example, over the next few months, we’ll be adding new t-shirts with kickass designs and other types of Rebel apparel.
- We can start adding other items outside of just apparel: Jump ropes, yoga mats, towels, etc – products that pass the Nerd Fitness test for quality. Feel free to let us know what other Nerd Fitness items you’d like to see and we’ll do our best to make it happen.
I can’t wait to see what the Nerd Fitness team is capable of when we can focus more fully on the Nerd Fitness community (pssst: that’s you). We’re excited to continue to grow the Nerd Fitness brand and offer more unique, high quality items that represent the ideals of Nerd Fitness and the Rebellion.
Rebels Around the World
In honor of today, I wanted to share some of the most recent photos we’ve received of rebels rocking their NF great all over the globe:
If you happen to have a kickass photo of you rocking your NF gear, send us a photo at Contact@NerdFitness.com so we can share your adventure with the rest of the community
For the Rebellion!
Nerd Fitness has passed some incredible milestones within the past two weeks:
- 30,000 email and RSS subscribers (which is now closer to 33,000!).
- 10,000 members on the Nerd Fitness message boards.
- 300,000 posts on the boards.
- 450,000 unique visits in the past 30 days.
The Rebellion is growing at an incredible rate, and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of it. I promise you that I will do everything I can to stay true to what got us here: a community that is incredibly helpful, inclusive, supportive, and a little weird. A community that goes out of its way to help people who are new to getting in shape thing.
Thanks for making the Nerd Fitness community so amazing.
I hope you continue to be an example to those around you, and I hope you continue to help out your friends and family who ask for help on how to get started.
Thank you for being a part of Nerd Fitness, I’m honored to rebel alongside you.
FOR THE REBELLION!