The gym can be an intimidating place.
Besides the grunting and the weights dropping, there is a secret code of conduct that is totally foreign to any newcomer on what to do and not to do.
These rules of etiquette aren’t just for newbies!
I see a lot of “veterans” who completely disregard them or just simply aren’t aware of what they are doing. So whether it’s your 1st or 500th time in the gym, let’s explain how to properly behave.
Gym Etiquette 101:
- Part 1: Getting Started and Preparation
- Part 2: The Dumbbell Area
- Part 3: Barbels and Other Equipment
- Part 4: Circuits and Supersets
- Part 5: The Squat Racks, The Bench Press, and the Lifting Platform
- Part 6: General Atmosphere
Also, if you’re nervous about the gym, turning people from “noob” to “warrior” is what we do in our 1-on-1 Online Program. But we don’t take ourselves too seriously, so we’ll program fun missions like “Play on the Treadmill” and “Lift One Easy-Peasey Weight” to ease into it. If you’re interested, check out more here: